• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boosted Rebuild

Dec 11, 2009
NorthDakota
Currently running a 2014 Pro RMK 800 with a Boondocker kit. Replaced quick drive belt system with TKI belt drive system (HUGE Improvement) running a 2.25 gear ratio I do believe. Looking into rebuilding motor for preventative maintenance and possibly saving in the long run. Probably will throw in v-force reeds and the new Polaris series 7, 3" track. Any ideas on a better crank and better Pistons? What do I need to do from this point to make this thing durable. Probably won't run straight race gas but it would be cool for the hell of it. Don't want to break a skirt or the crank. Polaris probs. Sled has 650 miles and had been run from 6-10 pounds of boost. 10 only when needed in sticky situations.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
the new polaris pistons are sounding good
Indy dan and Carls Cycle are running them in their rebuilds

650 miles ! run that bitch to 1200-1500 miles then rebuild

good luck

G

gilmoreb

Nov 23, 2012
Stick with stock Polaris reeds, BD has done extensive testing and the stock reeds respond the best. You can call BD to verify.

Skyking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2010
I am running a boondockers 2015 kit on my 2013 pro 10-13lbs. I put rk teck pistons in when installed the kit at the first of the year. I also ran the same Pistons in my skidoo XP turbo. Work great.

What makes the tki belt so much better?

Dec 11, 2009
NorthDakota
The TKI drive system allows you to select any gearing you want along with a way better belt. I was breaking the stock Polaris drive belt constantly because I wasn't waiting for the 100 mile break in and they are just junk to begin with. The TKI has a tensioner and the belt is touching way more surface area on the cogs. I've put 400 miles on the gates belt (hard miles) it made a whole new sled out of it. I've looked into the rktek pistons and will probably go with them but what about the crank. The summer is here and now is the time to fool around with rebuilding. Not waiting till it blows up to rebuild because I drive 13 hours to the mountains and love when stuff breaks on the first day.....

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
well i think the crank has alot more miles in it but if your worried about it
i hear great things about Indy Dans long rod he offers warranties on his cranks
but i'm sure a good sled shop can go through your motor and let you know what needs replacing
Carls has a great rep
are there any good shops near you ?

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
don't install the vforce. you will get weird air follows under boost and it will break your reds very fast.

stock Polaris pistons have worked very well lately. we use them unless we we are doing cylinder work then we go to the spi and match the cylinder to the pistons.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Are you referring to the new Vforce 3R reeds or the older ones?

The new ones have been holding up great on ours this season. We have 12 sets or so that went on at the beginning of the season with no failures yet (crossing fingers). They have also been holding up on our turbo axys.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I heard the polaris race team was running the new lightweight crank that comes in the axys for the past year, does this mean we can use the new crank in our CFI-2 engines?

K

KON

Apr 18, 2010
I heard the polaris race team was running the new lightweight crank that comes in the axys for the past year, does this mean we can use the new crank in our CFI-2 engines?

Yes, the lightweight crank will fit directly in your CFI2 engine

Premium Features