• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

silber rpm/clutch

C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
See video for problem, sled would not go over 7k rpm
http://youtu.be/gDgIXj-t2zM

Local dealer who did install thought reeds where the issue but just replaced and this was taken after replacement. I tried the following to fix issue:
Made sure turbo spun
Checked primary clutch spring
Checked weights
Changed plugs
Checked all pipe/turbo springs
put some lube on the clutch bushings/bearings

the issue seemed to resolve itself on the trail up or hard pack snow. Video taken at 6,300 ft unloading but when got to 8,500 feet in deep snow had problems again.

When I checked the clutch the sheaves seemed to stick a little unless perfectly aligned. I'm thinking this is the prob but not sure. Can I get the bearings replaced on the clutch to solve this?

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
what boston said is it a bully dog kit or a fuel controler ?
it sounds like as soon as it starts to boost it bogs
fueling is not right

oh yeah put a friking helmet on !!!!! come on sir ! haven't you ever heard the old
" i couldn't believe it happend i was just going mellow " :face-icon-small-dis

rant over sorry :focus:

yes clutch bushings can be replaced you need the tools to get them apart
and its not a good idea to grease or lube the clutch parts

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Id say its fueling, not the clutch. That the sound they make when they go rich. So if its a dobeck fueled sled, i bet it happens right when the box changes zones.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
swap fuel filters, i have fixed sleds that wont rev out due to clogged filter, yours sounds rich, but worth a shot, need more info on the base sled really to help much more.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Make sure the blow off valve is no stuck open and have a look at the tps if it's set up correctly .

Last edited:
C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
Update

Just wanted to give everyone an update. '13 pro, 1000 miles w/ 100 boosted - silber external wastegate w/ reprogrammed ecu, pink spring with adj weights and red/red/red with 11 lbs, usually ride around 9000ft with a couple gallons 110
  • Checked all the springs on the exhaust,turbo and everywhere else for a boost leak
  • Pulled off the intake and made sure the turbo was spinning (spins freely on 150 miles on kit)
  • made sure the bushings and springs were ok in the clutch (the clutch has to be pushed perfect on the center or the sheaves stick a little
  • Replaced the reeds
  • Did a compression test with everything being great
  • Had a mechanic check the TPS
Went for a ride and the sled was doing fine but started to do the same thing but seems to only happen under 3/4 to full throttle. The sled does not want to get over 7000-7400 rpm.

How do you check the blowoff value?
Going to replace the fuel filter and does anyone think something could be screwed up with the clutch bushing?
Another vid also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf_YkUwcJQI

Thanks

Last edited:
C
Apr 12, 2009
Lehi, UT
Not sure on bearing, how can you tell? It is not a self lube, but just makes the slight whistle when it is shut off. Fuel filter on the way, should be here today or tomorrow.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
when you shut your sled off you should hear the turbo spinning for quite some time.The journel bearing turbos i have seen out there will quit spinning almost as soon as you shut it off and barley spin at idle.

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
I would also be suspect of you TSS switch in your throttle. I pulled mine out, taped shut and put in the velcro wiring bag under the hood. It would always mess with me.

If you do this I would highly recommend wearing a tether 100% of the time.

Premium Features