• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT racing - Turcotte post relocate

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
Another option is to use the 4 stroke vertical post setup.
Cat has the kit to do it, its in their accessory catalog.
Replaced my laydown setup last winter on my M8000 and I really liked it. Its an inch or two further ahead then the 2 stroke vertical setup.
The back leg goes behind where the recoil handle is but its not a problem at all using it.

Photo0065[1].jpg Photo0066[1].jpg Photo0067[1].jpg

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Another option is to use the 4 stroke vertical post setup.
Cat has the kit to do it, its in their accessory catalog.
Replaced my laydown setup last winter on my M8000 and I really liked it. Its an inch or two further ahead then the 2 stroke vertical setup.
The back leg goes behind where the recoil handle is but its not a problem at all using it.

For me its not so much about the location of the post. I mostly hate all the moving parts on the stock system which allow it to become sloppy over time. The direct steering with the turcotte kit just seems so much more solid. The 4 stroke posts I have been around are even more sloppy than my stock HCR setup.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
Canada sled parts and I believe oft make a steering bushing kit that helps eliminate the slopes you might just look into that as well

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I installed the bushing kit and it fixed up the post slop. Telescoping section still leaves quite a bit of slop, think I'm just going to do the zbroz post delete as well and be done with it. May be cheaper to go with cat fixed post as I have a rox riser to get forward and will have to buy another 2" riser to go from zbroz post delete to rox riser or vice versa. going to be another $100+ into it with the additional riser and zbroz post.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I installed the bushing kit and it fixed up the post slop. Telescoping section still leaves quite a bit of slop, think I'm just going to do the zbroz post delete as well and be done with it. May be cheaper to go with cat fixed post as I have a rox riser to get forward and will have to buy another 2" riser to go from zbroz post delete to rox riser or vice versa. going to be another $100+ into it with the additional riser and zbroz post.

I will have a fixed post setup for sale in week if you want that without paying new price.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I just did the turcotte post kit tonight there are a few pictures in my post on the 13 hcr build if you have any questions

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
Running one on my 16 M8000 162. I'm 6'5" and with stock riser and adapters, cheetah boondocker bars cleaned up. The OFT is amazing. Steering effort is way reduced and much better control. OFT did great job building it! Solid and precision built! Lovin it! I had to heat up 1.5" pipe and melt in the air box for clearing the steering post just a bit, the steering post was barely touching the air box and I wanted to ensure it wouldn't touch, but was perfect. Very happy with it!

Last edited:

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
I run the OFT kit on my '16 after I bent the stock steering system (which I didn't like anyways) and it has been awesome! Would never think about going back.

I cut the stock post because it was bent like I said, but yes on a fixed post sled you have to get the piece from a 4 stroke or rr to run this post. It's stronger, less complicated and makes the sled handle so much better once you get used to the change.

OFT's kit doesn't change the bottom cross member at all so if it breaks, it would've pure stock as well. C3's kit comes with a weak replacement which is what people have been breaking and replacing with 3/4" aluminum round stock bent to fit I believe.

I think you can even get another half inch on top of oft's kit without causing issue with the stock crossmember, I am 6'2 and I think just an extra tiny bit forward with 4" rise and boondocker 2" bars would be perfect.

You WILL NOT regret getting it, believe me.

Oh side bonus OFT comes with nice billet parts that won't cause issue like the stock crap.

You are correct about c3 spar! It will bend! OFT will not change stock spar support. My choice is OFT for durability. Think what Turcotte puts his sled through.....

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Anyone compare the feel of the C3 vs the OFT? I'm running the C3 on my 14 and love it. Trying to do some planning if I go 18. Not hacking apart the air box would be preferable if the feel is close to the same with 1inch forward vs 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
I can't find any pictures of the complete OFT post kit. I assume it comes with one long post that runs from the bars to the tie rods. Is this correct? Anything else required, other than a riser? Does it change the turning radius? Will it interfere with a turbo/supercharger?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I can't find any pictures of the complete OFT post kit. I assume it comes with one long post that runs from the bars to the tie rods. Is this correct? Anything else required, other than a riser? Does it change the turning radius? Will it interfere with a turbo/supercharger?

I've got a C3 3" post forward kit on my 2016 800 with a boost-it turbo.
No problems so far.
I am worried about breaking the pipe that goes across the bulkhead though.
I'm not a big jumper though so maybe I'll be alright!

Last edited:

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
You need the Arctic Cat laydown post that is standard on SE models. It goes straight from handlebars down. In all cases there is a linkage in the bottom between the post and tie rods.

Sent from my Palm Pilot

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Here's my sled with a C3 3" kit.

e22ec990d4a494d247741ce5391472d9.jpg

Sent from my Palm Pilot

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
When I had my proclimb with C3 kit i broke the cross member in half that came with the kit. I'm pretty sure it was from a day of turning powder pros on hard spring snow through windy trees. Sent an email to C3 with no reply so i was done with that. All in all i was pretty unimpressed with the kit. Leaving you with an unaccurate template and on your own to cover up the hole. A piece of abs to fill the void should have been included HVAC tape is not an acceptable fix imo. Personally i thought the HCR vertical steering was way better.

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Ya, the top template would have cut way too far. Luckily I had a buddies machine sitting there to reference, and pulled the template back a few inches.

Sent from my Palm Pilot

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Aluminum pipe

I notched the original pipe to clear the steering post then bolted a thicker wall pipe to the front side of the original pipe. It's not the best looking mod but it works.
No problems yet.

Premium Features