• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Overall good video

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Trump is an embarrassment to our country, thank god he stands no chance of winning!!!

Both candidates are a disgrace. But Trump making it this far is telling. People are literally so sick of politicians and the "political correctness" that out of 2 major candidates one is a man who is a rather arrogant arse who has a tendency to screw over many people he deals with. However, I think in part, people are choosing him because of his selfish qualities(that and he isn't a pos politician). I think it is time for someone to be selfish for the American people which is what a lot of Trump supporters expect. I don't think he is wrong on certain issues. I think closing the borders, reducing military footprint across the globe, and greatly reducing foriegn aid are all good ideas. I don't think Trump is the man for the job, but I think certain qualities he has would be good in a person who has a little more grace and charisma(best qualities of President Obama).

Don't worry too much about the election though. In the long run, it really doesn't make a significant difference when the system is still going strong. The system, for the good or the bad, maintains a status quo which is difficult to change without reform.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Don't worry too much about the election though. In the long run, it really doesn't make a significant difference when the system is still going strong. The system, for the good or the bad, maintains a status quo which is difficult to change without reform.

This right here is the problem. The status quo IS changing over the long run. We live in a VERY different country from even 50 years ago. Political agendas don't change things overnight.

I'm seriously concerned about what kind of world I'm going to live in 50 years from now.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
This right here is the problem. The status quo IS changing over the long run. We live in a VERY different country from even 50 years ago. Political agendas don't change things overnight.

I'm seriously concerned about what kind of world I'm going to live in 50 years from now.

You should probably worry more about technological advances than political change. Politics has gone from "can men marry men?" to "Can men who pretend to be women use the girls bathroom?" In the span of 50 years. 1 president only is in place for 4 years ala 8% of that little bit of change.

Meanwhile computer processing has increased in power exponentially while shrinking in size dramatically. We are on the verge of space exploration, automated cars, and possibly artificial intelligence. The president obviously has some say in the direction of the country, but I'm not too worried about it

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
You should probably worry more about technological advances than political change. Politics has gone from "can men marry men?" to "Can men who pretend to be women use the girls bathroom?" In the span of 50 years. 1 president only is in place for 4 years ala 8% of that little bit of change.

Meanwhile computer processing has increased in power exponentially while shrinking in size dramatically. We are on the verge of space exploration, automated cars, and possibly artificial intelligence. The president obviously has some say in the direction of the country, but I'm not too worried about it
You should be. A president can influence a lot of decisions in a very short amount of time. Hillary wants to start a war with Russia, because she still thinks the cold war is on. She has also given Iran the ability to fast track to nuclear weapons. The Supreme Court has gone from upholding the law to making law and she may get to appoint 3 of them if she is elected. Snowmobiling is a luxury sport and luxury sports are always the first to go when times get tough.

Trump is a brilliant businessman and will do good for the US. He's not a great debater or politician and he certainly doesn't have all of the answers. But I know he'll surround himself with people that do. Don't play into what the media says about him. They all hate him and will do whatever it takes to discourage you from voting.

BTW, I know many that have fought, and even died, for your right to vote. If you love snowmobiling as much as I do, you must vote.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
The worst part of all of this political BS in 2016 is that these are the 2 best choices that the country could come up with. While I know that Trump is not the perfect candidate, he has not been making a living off of the taxpayers for the last 26 years like his opponent. He may talk big and make some stupid statements but there are 3 branches of government and he will have somewhat of a leash on him. It is my thought to give him a chance and see what comes of it. What has the country got to lose? I know this will make some people mad and unfortunately that is what happens when politics are discussed but please, get out and vote, no matter which candidate you choose. It is your right and many people gave up their lives for us to have this right.

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
You should be. A president can influence a lot of decisions in a very short amount of time. Hillary wants to start a war with Russia, because she still thinks the cold war is on. She has also given Iran the ability to fast track to nuclear weapons. The Supreme Court has gone from upholding the law to making law and she may get to appoint 3 of them if she is elected. Snowmobiling is a luxury sport and luxury sports are always the first to go when times get tough.

Trump is a brilliant businessman and will do good for the US. He's not a great debater or politician and he certainly doesn't have all of the answers. But I know he'll surround himself with people that do. Don't play into what the media says about him. They all hate him and will do whatever it takes to discourage you from voting.

BTW, I know many that have fought, and even died, for your right to vote. If you love snowmobiling as much as I do, you must vote.

I could put a lot of words into my response to this, but I'm going to keep it simple. I don't think there is a president in the last 50 years that has either seriously hurt or really helped the sport of snowmobiling specifically. I think it comes down more to state leadership and even congress more so than any president. You have to realize that the president has to do what is considered "the best" for the majority. The majority obviously don't snowmobile and there are probably more people against snowmobiling than for it.

This is why it is important for local leaders to see exactly how many of their constituents are interested in it(or at least the # of snowmobilers who send emails voicing their concern). No president is going to worry about snowmobiling on either side of the fence so you only have to make sure the buffoons in congress don't impede on our right to use public land and the BLM stops trying to justify their jobs and shutting things down.

But still, go out and vote! Just pay good attention to which candidates will stand up for our right to access public lands for winter recreation!

Futy Warington

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2007
It would be nice if the country would wake up & realize the 2 party system is broken.

:face-icon-small-fro Anyone who thinks Trump is actually a republican needs to have their heads checked. He donated to Bill Clinton's campaign. The fact that he is who was chosen as the Republican Nominee should be clear evidence that a 3rd party candidate might actually have a chance if the Media would consider talking about someone other than Trump or Hillary. Trump effectively is a third party candidate: the Party of Trump. There are other options. Evan McMullen, Gary Johnson. As it is, we're going to be stuck with the Clintons for another 4 years because no one wants to "throw away" their vote.

Futy Warington

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2007
VOTE! But don't vote for someone you don't support.

VOTE! But don't vote for someone you don't support. If Trump bugs you, don't vote for him, If Clinton bugs you, don't vote for her. Find someone you believe in and agree with and vote for them. Who cares if they don't win? If 30% of the popular vote goes to someone other than the 2 losers given for us to vote on, maybe America and the media will wake up in 4 more years.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
A vote for anyone else is a vote for Hillary whether you like it or not. If you think people or the media will change in 4 years you are dreaming. As far as 3rd party candidates, it is like watching try outs for American idol. Some think they have it going on and they're a joke. As far as those that don't know who they are going to vote for, well, I rest my case.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I think Styx said it best "these are the worst of times, I do believe it's true, when people lock their doors and hide inside, rumor has it it's the end of paradise"

Time will tell if our country is better off in 4 years.

Congrats to Trump for pulling off the upset of the century, I guess there are more unintelligent voters out there than I ever thought possible...

Premium Features