• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Mirage High Mark Trailer

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
Looking at buying a New 2016 Mirage 28' Black out sport with the High Mark package. Its all white with black graphics, black splash guard in the front, black along the bottom and black roof. I have a few questions / concerns:

1. How does the black vinyl graphics hold up? I don't like the vinyl graphics on trailers because they usually start fading and pealing after 3 - 4 years and look like crap.

2. How is the black aluminum holding up? Does it start fading after a few years? Does it show rock chips so the front starts to look like crap? I use Rock Tamers but rocks still flip up and hit the front. The black looks really nice new, just don't know how it will hold up after a few years.

3. Can you run the forced heater going down the road? I have heard some people say absolutely not. Where others say they run the heat. What does Mirage say? If you don't run the heat how long does it take to heat up the trailer? I don't spend a lot of time in the trailer, just enough to change and unload/load.

4. The one I am looking at has the heated cabinets on the right side and a shelf along the left side. Is there enough width to fit a RZR 4 1000's and still get out of the drivers seat? At times I haul two RZR 4's so I can't just pull it forward past the shelf. I didn't take a tape with me, but it looked like it would be tight.

Thanks for any input anyone has about the trailer.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've looked at quite a few sled trailers the last several years, gaining information for when I can actually pull the trigger. One lot close to me sells Wells Cargo and Mirage....I looked at the Mirage models, but the salesman said to me that he couldn't sell me a Mirage and feel good about it. He pointed out several manufacturer quality discrepancies on a few of the Mirage trailers they had available. That was enough for me to know I'd never buy a Mirage. Salesmen work on commission, and he's not going to try to sell a brand he carries? Must feel pretty strongly about it. He mentioned how many their shop had come back in for repairs soon after the sale, too. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

E
Nov 26, 2007
I bought one in 2015, exact same trailer as the one you're looking at. Very nice trailer no problems so far with probably 5000 miles. Store mine in a garage so its a little more protected. The front black Diamond plate gets alittle banged up with rocks, I use rock guards also. Heater works great takes 5 minutes to warm while trailer. I don't run it going down the road. I can put a ranger 4 seat and a ranger two seat in it with a couple extra feet to spare. Kinda tight getting out the door. They are nice trailers but after owning mine for awhile i feel they are built a little cheap. Like anything they take maintaining if you want to keep it nice. Heavy trailer with 4 sleds and gear.

Premium Features