• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inter cooler on pump gas set up?

klpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
seattle
I'm thinking about running the BD base Axys kit on my new sled. Can someone with experience running an inter-cooler on a pump gas/low boost setting chime in? What was your experience?

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
Intercooler is not needed on low boost in my experience if you plan on running under 8psi you will be fine without. But anything over that your charge temps can get really high and is hard on reeds.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
When I spoke with Boondocker before ordering my kit they said it is not necessary for running up to 8lbs of boost just like stated above.

klpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
seattle
Thanks guys. Yeah i know it's not necessary... my question is did your sled run better with the inter cooler on lower boost? Was it more consistent? Did you notice less throttle response? If anyone is running one with low boost...?

D
Sep 10, 2009
I ran my dragon without it, then put one on and noticed that it ran a little better and cooler. Also you can bump up the boost with it to get more out of it if needed, I did run a couple gallons of race fuel per tank though and it also helped..

Premium Features