• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many miles on your boosted pro?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I would run straight AV, instead of chevron 94.

I would if I was running more boost, im tuning it at 6lbs and probably running it there for a while, no point for av with that much boost.... Itll make its way up to proably 7lbs and stay there since i want to be able to run straight pump out of convenience, ive done the av thing before on my old sled its a pain, rather just run less boost.... Unless i was going to bump it up to say 10lbs which i wont do until a rebuild come along.... Or a really deep day....

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
BAHAHA you said your only going to run 6lbs of boost.

Ok ok thats what its starting at anyways..... Ill more realistically get bored and run 8lbs for the majority of the season.... Guess to be fair I was running 8lbs on my cat last season and wanted more....

Ok lets go with this, the turbo is setup at 6lbs right now, ill tune the sled at that, and then turn boost up until I get scared or something breaks or I run out of money.....

Now that I think of it only reason i never turned up the boost on my cat was cause I didnt have injectors that could feed more then 8lbs.... This setup will....

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Decided to listen to what you guys are saying and not be a cheap bastard and risk the sled for a couple $$..... Just pulled the Y pipe and looked at the pistons and theres more blow by then id like to see for only 800 miles.... Convinced myself right there I need to rebuild it since im boosting it...

Also this way I can just run 8-10lbs and not have to run baby amounts of boost and I wont be scared the entire season

dragrace1933

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2013
valley WA
id put a bikeman longevity kit in have the cyl honed for turbo clearance and ride the piss out of it. I boosted my sled at 300 miles on a 13 pro and had over 1400 on it before i decided to install the longevity kit. now have 2100. Ive also always ran 100% av along with 50-1 premix and stock oiler, polaris gold. I ride the bag off this sled and it works. Doesnt like cvt belts but working on clutching haha. turbo sleds are awesome SILBER TURBOS MAKE IT POSSIBLE. If ur willing to buy a turbo u should b willing to spend some $$ on pistons once in a while.

Last edited:
Premium Features