• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many miles on your boosted pro?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
How many miles are people getting out of their boosted pros safely? And when are your motors starting to go down? Im hoping to hear they can get around 2500 miles on them?

Sled has 800 stock miles on it now, adding boost, hoping I wont NEED to rebuild it this season.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
How many miles are people getting out of their boosted pros safely? And when are your motors starting to go down? Im hoping to hear they can get around 2500 miles on them?

Sled has 800 stock miles on it now, adding boost, hoping I wont NEED to rebuild it this season.

I have chosen to do my top end at 1600 miles. Every mile has been on boost. Sled has had redline oil ran through it from the beginning.... Compression is still good. Just feel 1500 miles is plenty considering the life it's had.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Ohh. It's a 2013, boondocker race gas kit, air to air Intercooler, 2863 tial, ran between 10-12 psi, built by Carl's.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I have chosen to do my top end at 1600 miles. Every mile has been on boost. Sled has had redline oil ran through it from the beginning.... Compression is still good. Just feel 1500 miles is plenty considering the life it's had.

Yeah that sounds about what I thought, depending how my season goes if I feel I get to many miles on her ill rebuild it (probably if I hit 2000), just cant justify doing it at 800 right now and would prefer to not have to mid season if possible..

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
A lot of things to keep up on........ Fuel filters, reeds, pistons, run GOOD OIL, GOOD FUEL AND GOOD TUNING

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
A lot of things to keep up on........ Fuel filters, reeds, pistons, run GOOD OIL, GOOD FUEL AND GOOD TUNING

Going to do the reeds before the season starts, good oil is for sure. As for fuel ill be running chevron 94, itll be a pump gas setup, 6-8psi is the plan, once tuning is dialled on pump gas ill run that until I get bored and decide more boost and AV is necessary.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Going to do the reeds before the season starts, good oil is for sure. As for fuel ill be running chevron 94, itll be a pump gas setup, 6-8psi is the plan, once tuning is dialled on pump gas ill run that until I get bored and decide more boost and AV is necessary.

What reeds have you decided on?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I've had great luck with the stock ones. But Polaris doesn't sell replacement petals. You have to buy the entire cage assembly.

Mountainhorse said boysen super stock are as close to stock as he's seen. So I'm buying a set of those to put on the original cages for a spare set beings I already bought the whole new Polaris assembly.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I've had great luck with the stock ones. But Polaris doesn't sell replacement petals. You have to buy the entire cage assembly.

Mountainhorse said boysen super stock are as close to stock as he's seen. So I'm buying a set of those to put on the original cages for a spare set beings I already bought the whole new Polaris assembly.

If i remember correctly they make actual TURBO specific reeds that arent shown on their website, you have to call/email them directly, unless something has changed since I last ordered from them

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
If i remember correctly they make actual TURBO specific reeds that arent shown on their website, you have to call/email them directly, unless something has changed since I last ordered from them

Yes they do for some applications. I've had such great luck with the stock ones I don't care to try anything else. The throttle response is great, durability has been great. I don't mind changing them once A season.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Yes they do for some applications. I've had such great luck with the stock ones I don't care to try anything else. The throttle response is great, durability has been great. I don't mind changing them once A season.

Just checked online, actually not a terrible price for reeds and cages, still annoying you cant just buy replacements directly from polaris

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Just checked online, actually not a terrible price for reeds and cages, still annoying you cant just buy replacements directly from polaris

Yeah. A pain in the arse.

I paid $80 per side for brand new ones.... Not to bad considering there are 4 reeds on each cage for a total of 8 reeds for both sides.

Twice as many as cats

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Yeah. A pain in the arse.

I paid $80 per side for brand new ones.... Not to bad considering there are 4 reeds on each cage for a total of 8 reeds for both sides.

Twice as many as cats

Sent boysen an email, after i see a price thatll tell me if im going with stock or with boysen, think im going to avoid V force seeing as theres mixed reviews for them with boost

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I'm not sold on avoiding v force. I would really like to find out if any changes were made on them recently. If not I'd say I was dooped by Someone who made more money off Polaris then they did v force. And now that v force is on Polaris it doesn't matter.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
about 1000-1200 miles, time for pistons or at least do a proper leakdown test and have a look at it. Notice I did not say compression test, you need to leak it to check ring seal. Probably could go longer but its pretty cheap insurance to freshen it at 1000 or so

Premium Features