• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker kit for AXYS

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
That looks like a low boost setup and with light clutch weights it should be very responsive as most any kit will, providing the fueling is set up correctly.And i would really be supprised if everyones sled that got that kit ran just as good.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Ok, so had mine out yesterday, along with the $3995 kit, and a single pipe/ported kit. First off these new sleds need to get past the break in period! Additionally, so does the MTA oil less turbo. The sled really started to come to life as the day went on. I also was clutched too heavy for only running 9lbs, did not have a new map in it yet or the intercooler. That all being said, it runs good. The way I ran it yesterday it almost pulled the same clutching as my fully built and dialed Pro did last year on 11-12lbs even with 170degree charge temps. I think this new kit is going to be amazing. I like the new turbo...its smooth and pulls hard. Its way too early to give a complete review, and I don't even have the intercooler; that alone is going to help tons. But as of right now, I am happy and think this will be the route to go. But do remember, these turbos really do wake up with time on them and I was still on break in mode. Add a map(Bullydog), intercoller and some boost and its going to be fun. And I should state this is all on a built motor from carls, case/cylinder porting and head work.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
My last sled had a built Carls motor and it was stupid fast. This one isn't there yet, but after a few more miles, intercooler and a map I am POSITIVE it will be much faster than last years kit.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
" I think this new kit is going to be amazing. I like the new turbo...its smooth and pulls hard."

i was referring to this ha ha

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
The MTA turbos are awesome , smooth boost is bang on , these turbos are great in the trees smooth and quick building boost.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I thought we were talking about the $4k bd pump gas kit? Your talking about running 8lbs of boost. That surely is not on pump gas???

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I thought we were talking about the $4k bd pump gas kit? Your talking about running 8lbs of boost. That surely is not on pump gas???

He said he took his sled out ALONG WITH a $3995 kit and a piped and ported kit.

He also said 9 lbs. not 8.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
How did the $4k kit run! Man I wish mine would finally get shipped to me!

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Correct, I was running 9, and intend to run 11-12 once the intercooler comes in. We had 3 turbos with us.

The 3995 kit runs good! It was on pump fuel....and I think 5-6lbs of boost. It is quick. Builds boost fast and is super responsive. I think for the money it is a great kit. And they had that thing running great from the get go and didn't even have the clutching dialed yet. I think for those people looking for some extra power at a good price point, this is the way to go. Its no 12lb kit, but it is going to be an awesome boondocking sled. It was quite a bit faster than the pipe/ported/head AXYS.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Correct, I was running 9, and intend to run 11-12 once the intercooler comes in. We had 3 turbos with us.

The 3995 kit runs good! It was on pump fuel....and I think 5-6lbs of boost. It is quick. Builds boost fast and is super responsive. I think for the money it is a great kit. And they had that thing running great from the get go and didn't even have the clutching dialed yet. I think for those people looking for some extra power at a good price point, this is the way to go. Its no 12lb kit, but it is going to be an awesome boondocking sled. It was quite a bit faster than the pipe/ported/head AXYS.

Good to hear, Myself being one that has ridden 800's at close to sea level 1000ft. I think most of the guys who ride 8000+ would be so pleasantly surprised with the kind of hp that a stock 800 makes at sealevel if they could have it at elevation. That's where the pump gas 4-5lb kits can work awesome. Bringing it back to seal level Hp plus a little extra due to flow at 10k elevation. But they have to be designed around the idea of 4-5lbs only in my opinion. That way they are the most efficient and spool the fastest to keep the feel of a 2 stroke that is fun in the trees but some extra snort.

Premium Features