• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo Oil pump question

T
Apr 17, 2010
Hello, i have a 2009 Iqr with a 2012 cfi 800 engine swapped into it. This past spring I bought a 2013 silber turbo kit and fabbed it into my sled. The kit has the oilpump/ tank, but im not sure which pump it is. Im told one pump is poor quality and can fail and the other is a better quality (wahl pump i think) . Is this true? Should i worry or is either pump fine?

Thanks

T
Apr 17, 2010
Thanks Boston, is there a canadian supplier for that pump? I imagine its just an automotive fuel pump correct? Would you happen to know the model/part number for it? Thank you

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
you might look into doing the oil injector lube kit its very clean and you don't have to worry about pumps and oil spilling plus saves weight

T
Apr 17, 2010
Thanks for the info guys, the turbo i have is a journal bearing turbo and it only has 200 miles on it so i cant go oilless yet. I also run into the problem of the kpa external wastegate not fittin into my sled because it will hit the side panels......i should have started with the kpa turbo but the deal on the journal 2013 turbo was a great deal. Ill try find out what walhbro pump i need and swap it in and hope for the best!!!

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i thought it might be a journal bearing style in that case find a new walbro and that should do it

Premium Features