• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lay down engine swap

S
Sep 25, 2008
I have a Polaris axys chassis that I'm building from the ground up, my designated engine will be a m8 arctic cat. This engine has the exhaust and intakes in the same side of the engine. The problem I'm running into is this: by the time I line my clutches up the intake ports end up pretty much behind the steering post. If I throw the throttle bodies on there won't be much room to get my plenum built and attached. My first thought was to machine a block that replaces the reed boots and offsets over to avoid the post. Or install a 90 degree turn down. This machine is fuel injected at the throttle body.

Two questions

1: how much performance will be lost by adding distance to the plenum between the throttle body and the engine?

2: can a throttle body on one of these sleds run in a vertical position or semi vertical

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
plan it, do it , tear it down then replan it and rebuild. then see how it runs ,, then tear it down and rebuild it a couple more times till you are content with all aspects ..

and yes because you want to is enough reason

S
Sep 25, 2008
I haven't heard of the single throttlebody I'll see if I can find it.

I have thought about a turbo but then I also would like to "build" my engine to the best extent possible. I love high hp NA sleds.

Ippielb what about offsetting the throttle body over equally via a machined aluminum block. Maybe machining a injector hole ight in front of the reeds?

Last edited:
Premium Features