• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Ski Poll for M sleds with more options

Best M skis

• Total voters
H

heathkiks

May 4, 2008
Bozeman
I have tried a number of the above skis. My favorite are the the stockers. The least favorite, Slydog's. I ride trail to most every one of my favorite spots. Once there, the skis do not matter.

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
I love my SlyDog Powder Hounds....best ski I've ever had on my M7, it cuts like a knife in the steep n' deep, decent on trails, but mainly built for the fluffy stuff.

S

sledchick

Nov 26, 2007
NSL, UT
Ski selection is very much influenced by the way the sled is set-up suspension wise. Couple turns of a shock collar , a couple pumps of air , a adjustment here and there all influence selection.Rider style and rider body size make a difference.
If you ever see the pimple faced kid who sets up your new sled at most A/C dealers. If you have the first thing that pops into your head is ---When I get home I'am checking the Ski- Toe alignment.

We have a rider in the family who has tryed simmons and slp. She has gone back to stock skis with ohlins shocks all around. So many variables and combinations, sadly it costs alot of money to find your personel sweet spot.
agreed with Sami here. Maybe getting new skis isn't gonna solve the problem..
But to answer your question slydogs were my choice for all around ski..Brandon I think his name is, is a good guy to deal with. Ski-doo Junkie (might still be on here) also sells skis, MODS..have yet to try em, but heard good things!:D:beer;

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Well ... I guess I'll have to let you all know if the Simmons Gen II skis work with a stock M8 very well.

I debated on the PP's, but I thought "nah I'll give these a try" ..

Suffice to say, they are HEAVY. They weigh as much as two stock skis a peice i think :face-icon-small-con

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I run C&As on both of my sleds. I have the most basic pair, and a pair of ADX's I believe is what they are. I had a pair of XD's and they were impossible to steer with on my M, but were pretty nice on my Crossfire the first year I had them. If you get them, make sure they are C&A's that have little or no outer keel.....just based on my experiences

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I pulled my Carl's cut Powder Pros off the M1000 and stuck them on my Dragon so it would be less twitchy , and stuck the Poo Grippers on the M and they work really well on that sled, it comes over on its side easier, and faster and are wide enough that they float. I just hope it does not realize that it has Poo skis on it and burn down.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I tried both powder pro and simmons flex but went back to the stock skis. I like the stock the best so far on my 08' M8 153.

D

dre

Jan 25, 2008
Portland OR
vimeo.com
Slp

I have the same sled. Prefer Powder Pros over the stock skis. Trail manners aren't improved much but in deeper snow they feel better to me. I also thing the sled keeps it's line better turning off camber & sidehilling.
I have heard that the SLT skis are good too but never tried them

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Simmons - dangerous!, and push in the POW
SLP - dart on the trails
SlyDogs - dont steer for crap in the POW

USI Triple Threat - Best ski for me, but you need to get both the stage 1 and stage 3 fins, the stage 3 will be hard to steer when the snow is setup and a dream to steer in the deep POW....use the stage 1 fins when the snow sucks:beer;

things change:face-icon-small-coo, got 300ish miles on my SLPs and nothing comes close, best ski ever!!!!!!

caproskis

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2009
Hutchinson, MN
www.caproskis.com
I would recommend CA Pros RZ (Razors) or XTX Crossover. The Razors are an excellent trail ski with minimal darting and transition well into deeper powder. The XTX is a little easier to steer with 1" keel compared to the XTs 1.5" keel if you are riding on trails as much as in the boondocks or mountains. Here is our guide to check out the option that fits best for you.
6882CAProAppGuideComp.jpg

Last edited:

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Not looking for any opinions on other sleds. M-SERIES ONLY! I have had different sleds with different skis. I bought a 09 M8 this year and after my first big trip with it I decided I hate the skis. Since I live in MN I ride about 50/50 trails and boondocking, so I need a ski that can do both. If you guys are running something not listed let me know.

07-09's work very well with the Slydog Powderhounds. Steering effort is reduce and they still go where you point them with little darting. I found the SLP Powder Pro's to be too agressive and dart bad. PP's worked great on the 05-06 M-chassis but not so well on the 07-09's.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
From 7 threads down...

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214350

Is it absolutely, completely impossible to make one of these threads a sticky so we don't have to see this same question 4 times a week? (or to improve the search so people can find what they're looking for)

If you use the search box & type in "best skis M series" you get the poll thread right on top (as would make sense) then when you click on it you get this

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135244

so it's not exactly a surprise that we see the same stinking thread about every 3 days. (and it's not dougr1's fault, well not completely anyhow, looking down the page isn't that hard)

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I had some take off polaris dragon skis ,,works great some where between Powder pros and stock ,,I have seen take offs for $100 a set LOL:face-icon-small-coo

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
love my Simmons Gen II's keeps the front end high in all snow conditions. Less or no snow in the face .

Would highly recommend this style of ski over most others. Have tried many brands, always go back to the Simmons

Last edited:
R
Mar 15, 2010
Skis

Hey there,

I have a 2010 HCR and am not crazy about the skis.(dive in the powder and under-steer/plow in the corners) Has anyone changed their skis out? and if so what do you recommend.?

Thanks.

Premium Features