• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alternative impact 36" M-chassis a arm kit

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
How are these working for everyone, anyone have anymore ride time on them?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I wish I did. It's not for lack of wanting to try them it's the 40 and 50 degree temperatures keeping what should be snow instead falling as rain. Very frustrating!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I don't think he liked your answer frostbite ;)

I haven't been out this year because I just had a knee surgery but I rode mine for three more months since the last time I yapped about them last season.

I just went back and read everything I said in this thread and it still holds true. What I can add is that with the crap winter we had, I've knocked the poop out of these things a lot more and haven't bent one.

Just do it man. If you're even thinking about it (and based on your post in this thread a year ago, you still are ;)), it means you want something narrower. I've found pretty much zero downsides other than you will notice a tad less travel on the front end. In real snow that just means the pressure of leaning gets to the ski sooner. Kind of a better deal all around.

I like them so much, I'm kind of shopping around for a backup sled (mostly to get a buddy out) and factoring in the cost of putting a set of these on whatever I get.

Last edited:
C
Aug 15, 2015
More than expected

I have these arms on my 06 x fire. I had to switch to air shocks as the coils on my exit shocks hit the spindle. Found this out after I paid to have them shortened. Dropped over a grand into front suspension this year. I'm in love with the performs dans kit with my fox evols r. Great upgrade. And chromoly arms are tough. It just would of been nice to know a head of time I needed air shocks.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
I have these arms on my 06 x fire. I had to switch to air shocks as the coils on my exit shocks hit the spindle. Found this out after I paid to have them shortened. Dropped over a grand into front suspension this year. I'm in love with the performs dans kit with my fox evols r. Great upgrade. And chromoly arms are tough. It just would of been nice to know a head of time I needed air shocks.
im a little confused. You do not need to go to air shocks for these. Please fill me in on all the details because I am not aware of this as being an issue. I don't remember anyone calling about it this. Sounds like you have already done what was needed but I'm wondering if it was needed? :)
Dan

heynagel

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
I swapped my air shocks for fox coils and didn't have a single problem with the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
Does anyone have any more ride reports with these a arms? I'm looking for something to replace my BDX ones that I trashed this weekend and wanted to see how well these are holding up.

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
Does anyone have any more ride reports with these a arms? I'm looking for something to replace my BDX ones that I trashed this weekend and wanted to see how well these are holding up.

My 36" Alt Ti A-Arms are doing just fine, thank you very much ...

:face-icon-small-hap

( guess I should've also mentioned that these are on my '11 153 M8 )

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They hold up awesome and work great! Have a set of Ti arms on the Viper and another set of Chromoly on a PC800 and they are super strong and work.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I have some on my 10 M8 162 and they are great ! The narrow front end is easier to pull over obviously but what really surprised me was how the sled drove down the trail fine. It is the right width for this chassis IMO

heynagel

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
I agree, great arms, and work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just bought a 2016 proclimb (about a month after a buddy did) and after riding it yesterday I just had to laugh. My buddy (who also came from an m-series) kept telling me how different the 16 was from an M, how it was so easy to get high sided.

The center of gravity is higher on all the new sleds so yeah the PC does tip easier, and more importantly stay there easier, but it's really not THAT much different than an M-series with these arms. Probably the best handling upgrade you can do on one these things. I've now ridden every current model year out there and these arms keep the old m sleds in the game for sure.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
So our factory A arms allow a ski stance of 39, 40 and 41. Do these go from 35.5, 36.5, and 37.5 depending on where the ski spacers are placed?

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Technically you are correct give or take 1/2". But why would you want to run them on any thing else other than narrow? I guess if you are hill climbing but then why even do it?

I purchased them for my TM1000. Pretty impressive how easy it rolls over. The combination of a Carl's cut ski and Kmod-Kmotion makes the big girl pretty easy to get on its side for the weight.

I just purchased an all carbon fiber TM1200 as well, which will get the treatment. I'm sold. I would say it its comparable to a Pro to get up on edge, not as easy as an XM or Axys.

We are talking 12-13 year old chassis still hanging with the new stuff. It's a shame where Arctic Cat is now compared to the "glory days". It pained me to purchase an XM, and now an Axys but even the Mountain Cat is still a ways behind..

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
FWIW, I've got some KYB shocks off an XM skidoo sled that I used with mine. I ground down the bushings so they'll fit on the studs of an m-series. I don't have them for sale but if anyone wants them (not for free), they're better than any incarnation of shortened float.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
FWIW, I've got some KYB shocks off an XM skidoo sled that I used with mine. I ground down the bushings so they'll fit on the studs of an m-series. I don't have them for sale but if anyone wants them (not for free), they're better than any incarnation of shortened float.

I might be interested in these.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I might be interested in these.

I knew that would happen. I just bought new bushings for them so they'd fit back on an XM

Just hit me up if you're interested. They were definitely better than the revalved and shortened floats I had.

Premium Features