• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow amount NE

Dec 20, 2007
Brookings SD
I rebuilt my motor and I need to burn some gas out of my sled since there is oil in the gas. Heading out west in 3 weeks and I want to make sure everything is ok. How much snow is there around Milbank or some where in that area I'm from Brookings.

chas57006

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Brookings SD
thread jack

i am from brookings also and want to ride on sat.
does anyone know if there is snow and what the trails are like in Okaboji IA?

I would like to go down there and check it but don't want to waste me time if it is not any good.

thanks
charlie

S

sledheadrmk

Dec 23, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Hit the river there is enough snow on it to ride from brookings to Dell rapids, the corners get blown out but there is still some snow on there. Be careful of the dam in Flandreau a few years back some people from brookings came down and went right over it. Not to fun.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I used to ride the James river alot.

But river riding sucks donkey balls without studs!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
We used to ride from Mitchell to Forestburg and have a whisky at the little bar there. I think it was around 100 miles roundtrip, kind of a nice little ride.

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
i am from brookings also and want to ride on sat.
does anyone know if there is snow and what the trails are like in Okaboji IA?

I would like to go down there and check it but don't want to waste me time if it is not any good.

thanks
charlie

yes i believe there is some snow there. my mom lives there so i can make a call to be sure for ya.

Premium Features