• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 mxz no spark?

D
Jan 8, 2011
My buddy has a mxz with no spark, he replaced the stator and still no spark. We had the coil tested and it is good. Any ideas? How do you disconnect the killswitch? Test the mpem? Any help would be great, thanks.

D
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the info guys, I was looking at his sled in MN and we tested the triggers and they ohmed out good. Pretty sure there were'nt any interchangable plugs on the mpem. I came back to Salt Lake and heard he got fed up and brought it to the dealer. I felt bad I could'nt fix it, probably going to cost alot at the dealer. Atleast we learned alot. Wrenching to ride, got to love it.

B
Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for the info guys, I was looking at his sled in MN and we tested the triggers and they ohmed out good. Pretty sure there were'nt any interchangable plugs on the mpem. I came back to Salt Lake and heard he got fed up and brought it to the dealer. I felt bad I could'nt fix it, probably going to cost alot at the dealer. Atleast we learned alot. Wrenching to ride, got to love it.

Hi, new member here. I found this forum searching for the same issue. What did the dealer say?

I have a 2002 Grand Touring RER and electric start. The sled won't spark without a battery (it's currently dead) Even with the battery disconnected, no spark. I replaced my stator, but that wasn't the problem. I'd really be interested in what caused your problem

Premium Features