• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a 12v DC power supply

C
Oct 29, 2008
Seems there's no DC 12v power supply on the pro chassi?
Anyone tell me different and where at on the harness?
Also isn't there an AC/DC power convertor available from polaris?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
2 amp 12v DC on harness under the hood.

You can rectify the AC, but dependable rectifiers have been an issue, and adding a capacitor for consistent voltage appears to be required.

Pro electrical design does not support additional power draw well. Short of a battery/charging harness (e.g., without e-start - a li on battery setup would really not add a lot of weight, and provide lots of flexibility). FWIW.

C
Oct 29, 2008
The plug up under the hood is not 12v DC, it's AC.
My sled is non Electric start. I am trying to run my KOSO Air/Fuel Guage.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
There is a dc power plug over on the clutch guard but it's been discussed pretty heavily of why or why not to use that plug. Google "dc power on a pro" and you'll find plenty of info. Lots of turbo guys use that plug to power oil pumps but maybe not the best place to pull power from!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Heres my 2¢

An air/fuel gauge is not just a gauge... but also a fairly high amp draw electric heater.

DO NOT power this up from the DC rubber plug under the hood... and do not hook up to the "DC PWR" connector in the bundle over the clutch guard.

The "ACC PWR" connector near the headlight and the "DC PWR" in the bundle draw juice from the ECU power... one is fused (by the headlight) and the other is not... the "DC PWR" is an INPUT line for diagnostics... not to draw from, and not fused,... regardless of what anyone else says.... NEVER up-size the fuse to the ACC pwr.

Run a rectifier off the lighting/heating circuit for your AFR monitor.

Last edited:
C
Oct 29, 2008
Ok thanks guys. Problem is none around me has a rectifier/convertor in stock. I have races this weekend and th sled isn't even broke in and I am not running it without an air fuel Guage. The motor is all done to the nuts!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The plug up under the hood is not 12v DC, it's AC.

RD/YE accessory power plug with upstream 2 amp fuse is 2 amp DC. It will trace back to the RED/WHT DC chassis relay. Can be powered from the DC power test plug.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
All the "DC PWR" plug does is bypass the fuse... draws from the same source from the ECU... you should still use a MAX of 2 amp fuse if you draw from this location.

Many have not had issues with running this way... some have had issues with runability etc as this draws from the ECU/injection system.

C
Oct 29, 2008
KOSO has a small AC-DC rectifier, I ordered that today.'
While I am waiting I just strapped a mini 12v battery and tied into that for now!
Thanks!

D
Dec 1, 2007
NH
where are people plugging the Koso AC/DC Converters ?

the AC Power Test Plug ?

If so where can you pick up the white connector to plug into AC Power Test Plug ?

Thanks

C
Oct 29, 2008
Theres so much freaking confusion on the headlight harness plug and what power supply it puts out. Well how about this, on my 2014 and 2015, both sleds on the meter give me NOTHING on the Meter.
But yet when I plug in a Phone charger to my aftermarket 12v plug I Installed, the charger works and so does my G1Tech GPS/Timer unit.
I give up. just going to buy an RC 12v Battery and be done with it!

Premium Features