• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 800r bogging, misfires, erratic gauges???

J
Nov 30, 2007
I've replaced the relay, rebuilt secondary, compression is good. Sled barely stays running, serious backfiring and the gauges are all over the place. I'm scratching my head here.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I'm still learning my way around sleds but I'm decent with cars, I'd check the grounds to make sure that everything is clean and tight. From your symptoms I'd suspect that something is intermittently losing continuity.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I had some of these symptoms. I cleaned and tightened the electrical connectors. The one at the fuel tank fixed the gas gauge. I located specific wires and checked inside the connectors for some things, like the tach. The electrical diagram helped locate connectors and which wires within connectors.

You might search by my name for the posting from about three years ago that I gave some more detail on it.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
I have a stator, flywheel, trigger coils, and ecm with key for a 2010 summit sitting on the shelf.

If you would like a great deal on any/all of it, shoot me an offer.

Premium Features