• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DEEP POWDER VIDS - Turbo Apex, Turbo Nytro, Turbo Rx-1

X
Nov 26, 2007
DEEP POWDER VIDS - Turbo Apex, Turbo Nytro, Turbo Rx-1 *VIDEO ADDED 2/29/2008*

Thanks for a great ride! The new Polaris 800 Dragons run really well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMLz9vPVGXA

One More Video for the road - posted 2/29-2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxaWZm0Qrwk

Just another quick post for buddies out of town. Clips were taken in northern Utah Saturday and Tuesday (2 and 5 days ago). Wish we would have taken time to film the climbs and chutes - seems like we only get the stuff on the way up to the mountain. Anyway, we're finally getting a great snow year in Utah! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RTQXSlvFd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vfK19pQSW8

Last edited:
X
Nov 26, 2007
Wow that was sick, now all i gotta do is get some boost and life will be primo.:D

Those days, if you didn't have boost you weren't playing where we were playing. There are some technical, steep pulls to get back where we were playing and there is NO way any of my NA sleds would have pulled them in those snow conditions. As it was, we were working like crazy to keep our intakes from freezing up.......

and yes, that is me at the end of the second one buried under the snow :)

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Thanks for sharing those!! :face-icon-small-coo D*mn I LOVE that sound!! :face-icon-small-hap I'd like to get some seat time on a Turbo Nytro.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
What turbo system on the nytro? LOOKED GREAT.

Vid #1. First time out on the Boondockers setup.
Vid #2. Dustin Obrien's sled with his kit. Obrien Custom (spell?)

Track is stock on both Nytro's in videos's.

If you can imagine 220-240 hp on a M7, or Rev, thats about what you got riding a Tbo Nytro.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Vid #1. First time out on the Boondockers setup.
Vid #2. Dustin Obrien's sled with his kit. Obrien Custom (spell?)

Track is stock on both Nytro's in videos's.

If you can imagine 220-240 hp on a M7, or Rev, thats about what you got riding a Tbo Nytro.

I was very impressed with both Nytro setups. I don't think they will touch a well-tuned Apex at this point, but the fun factor is through the roof on either kit.

By the way, Dustin's kit is using the Mitsu and BD is using the Gar - Both seem to work really well.

Jed - what's the status on Jeremy's turbo - got boost?

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
No Boost. Still waiting to here back from BD. I am going to call them this morning and hopefully send someone up for parts.....?

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
Sweet vids, what kind of boost numbers were you guys running? The boondocker Apex is looking good as is the Nytro.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
In the first Vid, there is actually two different Apex's, they just look alike. One is the same as in the second vid, which is XLR8R's, I think he was running 12.5lbs or so. Mine in the first vid was only pulling around 10-11lbs, as was the Nytro in the first vid.
The Nytro in the second vid was I think at around 15lbs...

Its hard keeping the snow off the intakes with the BD sleds. Once they ice up, boost starts to drop..... I gave up pulling it off and cleaning it out, so I just deal with the loss of boost.....unless I REALLY want to climb something, lol!
Nate correct me if I am wrong.

X
Nov 26, 2007
In the first Vid, there is actually two different Apex's, they just look alike. One is the same as in the second vid, which is XLR8R's, I think he was running 12.5lbs or so. Mine in the first vid was only pulling around 10-11lbs, as was the Nytro in the first vid.
The Nytro in the second vid was I think at around 15lbs...

Its hard keeping the snow off the intakes with the BD sleds. Once they ice up, boost starts to drop..... I gave up pulling it off and cleaning it out, so I just deal with the loss of boost.....unless I REALLY want to climb something, lol!
Nate correct me if I am wrong.

It's true. Stopping to clean off the intake is a really cool problem to have (i.e. 3+ feet of fluff) In both videos I could only pull about 11-12 lbs. but, as Jed will attest, the difference on our turbos from 10 to 12 lbs. is HUGE.

Premium Features