• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 pro tps problem?

A
Nov 20, 2016
I have a 12 pro with like 1000 miles on it. last year I was riding and it started to cut out. Got so bad at one point I was climbing and it cut out in a bad spot and I rolled. Anyway took it to Polaris and they said it was my tps, so they replaced that and my throttle body. Took it out that day and it ran good till the end of the day it started doing it again... COuld it still be the tps? or something different?

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Could be tps, could be wiring and or connector problems. I had a connector problem i chased for a long time! TPS would test fine, then maybe test bad. Same thing with it cutting out. Ended up being the connector that plugs onto the tps, the pins would not connect tight enough.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Hitting the DET sensor will cause it to cut out bad like that. sometimes if your watching it will read DE7 right on the dash when it happens. Could also be a bad injector. My 14 needed injectors at 450 miles and it would randomly just run on 1 cyl. Kind of hard to just guess what the problem is. Eric

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Did they say anything about if their was any codes when they plugged it in? And how many times it was triggered? Or just assumed it was TPS related?

What elevation and weights were you running?

Wouldnt hurt to take it back and check codes again...

Some other issues that were common were, bad fuel pumps, faulty TSS, low clutch weights, to name a few.

Premium Features