• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

check engine light

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a 2014 pro with 250 miles in it. We rode today and noticed that every now and then the check engine light comes on, seems to do it when ideling. It runs perfect. What can I check or does it need to go to a dealer. Its all stock except for a can. Ran perfect last year before storing for summer.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Look in your owners manual for the procedure for looking up a code.

Then get back to us on what the # was.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Mine just did that, end up being a stuck throttle code as the nut go loose by the injector. For mine to read the code I believe while the engine light is on I had to hold the brake and hit or hold down the select button. Mine would only come on when I hit the throttle so that was a little tricky holding the brake, hitting the throttle and the select button (had to use my leg to pull back the brake!)

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Don't take this wrong but read the owners manual. It will tell you how to retrieve the error code and also what each code stands for. The only limitation is the check engine light has to be on to retrieve it without digital wrench. FWIW I took a picture of the error codes in the manual that way if I am ever on the mountain and have a code I can just pull my phone out and look it up.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Thanks for the info fellas, I will be back up at the lodge later this week and I will take the manual with me. I didn't know the manual had that info. Thanks again.

The sled is up at my trailer or I would check it tonight.

Premium Features