• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick drive belt changing tip

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Hey guys,
Last night at 1500 miles I noticed I had two teeth ripped off my QD belt on my 14 pro. I think it happened when I jumped off a drift and had to punch it when I landed not to get buried. Anyways I didn't have the Happy Face alignment tool to change the belt and I have read a lot of people complain about it being difficult. Thought I would share the trick I used. Maybe I just go lucky, but this is what I did:

I put the new belt on the top pulley off the sled and used a zip tie around the belt at the bottom of the pulley to get it wrapped just like it should be. Then I started the bottom pulley on the shaft with the belt on it. I was able to wiggle the brake just a little to help align the top pulley. As soon as I got it started I used a rubber mallet to bump the pulleys on.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the zip tie around the belt but I didn't expect the belt change to be so easy.

A

Alaskanparret

Nov 25, 2011
I'll tell ya even with the tools I couldn't get it after an hour or two of trying. So my great local shop got to do it and said they too did the zip tie trick.

Guess it was one of those days for me, sometimes my sled loves me somedays it leaves me more mad than I can handle.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
I must of spent 2 hours in the garage trying and getting extremely frustrated. Found a video finally showing the zip tie trick. Worked like a charm!

Premium Features