• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 BB looses power to gauges

I
Nov 24, 2011
Buffalo,MN
I have 2012 pro with a 860 BB, ran great last year after I got it dialed in. Just went to Cooke this last week and now have an issue. Sled will run great for a while and the looses power to the mfd and my air fuel gauge, and stays running but kills when you give it throttle. Also the headlights lights stay on. I have chased down the harness along steering stem, no issues. Replaced voltage Reg, verified that my pcv wasn't the issue.
Going to check stator tomorrow. But curious to see if anyone has experienced this and has some input.
Thanks in advance

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Headlights and handwarmers are on different AC leg than MFD.

My stator passed continuity/ ohms checks but wouldn't run unless I backfed 12volts through the fuel pump prime plug.

When I removed my stator, I found a broken wire around a pole. I ordered a new stator from WPS-- $219.

If you don't want to backfeed the prime plug, you can de-pin the headlight plug and and plug those pins into Reg/Rec on clutch cover. If your sled runs good in either of these configurations, you know your stator is bad.

I
Nov 24, 2011
Buffalo,MN
Replaced the stator today, fired it ran fine in the shop. I made 35' and gauges went out again and would idle but not move again. Any one have any other ideas?
Thanks

Bushman900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Morrison,Co
Find anymore out on your sled? We have a 12 in our group that is having
the same issue with gauges and as soon as he even moves the throttle it dies.

Premium Features