• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where to weld bung in the pipe for air fuel sensor

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
it probably has been covered but I'm wondering where is the best to weld a bung in the pipe for air fuel sensor.

mid pipe by the other sensor
or out where the can meets the pipe

thanks in advance

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I was told fatest art of the pipe at 2 or 10 o'clock by the sensor OEM. That was 8 years ago. Do a search, this has been discussed before. Use google, it will likely be better that the search crawl here.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I second the fattest part of the pipe and 10 or 2 o'clock position (2-strokes so oil doesn't build up) and not inline with other sensors. 800 CFI's I am usually right above and behind the stock EGT. I have a Aaen pipe that I put in front of the EGT because it runs such a long internal stinger

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
That's what I thought just needed seconded opinion

FWIW, for an 02 sensor (not a exhaust temp probe, but you said this is for A/F), consider using a heat sink for the sensor - you'll get much longer life out of it, and more accuracy - been there, done that. Same bung, just need more clearance. They are not that expensive, considering the cost of a sensor.

Premium Features