• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what am I missing

P
Nov 20, 2016
foleyet. ontario
Ok common pro steering slop. Dealer changed the two on the steering post but not the one in the front. So I shaved the spacers down added a strap accross and its perfect. So end of the day today we get a couple inches of snow so I rip up the road. I feel the bars come up a full inch. There was never any vertical play. I work tommorow, til 6pm. Just curious if ill find something obvious or what. Oh ya I changed my profile I used to be time bandit so this is not my first rodeo. I was considering oft or happy face blocks but all the steering threads dont really mention the vertical slop. Im sure I may find somethi g easy. Just dont want to be daydreamin g all day at work about it.. so questiion is . Is there something upside down in there, or similar I will find? Thanks all.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Ive seen this before. If I recall, one or both of the bushings were installed upside down. I think the shoulder on the bushing is offset and needs to be install correctly. Go back to those vertical post bushings and you will find the problem. Eric

here is a pic that might work - you can see the shoulder is longer on one side. They installed them wrong.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...bjQAhVq7IMKHfnaB8gQMwglKAgwCA&iact=mrc&uact=8

P
Nov 20, 2016
foleyet. ontario
Yes there will be oft or happy face bushings in my future. They did install one upside down among other things. Man those dealers. Can anyone say stripped hood bolts...lol. Hahaha. And act all.... oh they were like that. Thanks guys.

omernikski

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2003
Minocqua, WI/ Foxboro, WI
Just put oft's in mine and couldn't be happier. If you run the oft blocks make sure the bolts go through the block freely upon installation and the blocks match up perfectly or it will make the steering really stiff. They are machined with very little tolerance.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features