• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPI FIX-IT-KIT PISTON KIT AND STRAIGHTLINE KIT

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just wanted to let everyone know because I have not seen this before is we now have available the SPI Polaris CFI 800 Fix-it kits. What I like about this kit is the use of cast SPI T-moly coated pistons which are like what the oem uses except these have longer skirts with the spacer under cylinders. So expansion differences while warming up will not be as big of an issue as the forged pistons. I have used SPI's in the past on other Polaris and Ski-doo motors with no issues. Also like the price.

Also, we have added the Straightline Performance Fix-it kit to our site. This is a nice kit with an anodized spacer and Wiseco pistons with titanium coated rings, and longer skirts.

Both kits should be an improvement over stock with replacing pistons and increase case volume for an additional 2-3 HP addition.

You can order securely and safely here: http://www.gobigparts.com/FIX-IT-KITS-PISTONS.html

Please contact me with any questions.

54-02851.jpg

54-9221PS.jpg

241-22001.jpg

UPDATE!!! I added the Hyperdrive pistons as a selection on the SPI fixit kit. Also, I added direct replacement SPI pistons to the link as well. So if you don't feel the need to do the spacer and longer pistons skirts but you just want to replace your pistons with an OEM style you can order those with a very cost effective T-moly or Hyperdrive kit.

I most admit any pro-ride with a 800CFI motor should get new pistons or at least check them by 2400 miles. This is just my experience.

http://www.gobigparts.com/FIX-IT-KITS-PISTONS.html

54-9221HPS.jpg

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Anyone use either of these. I'm not sure if it is a complete fix but if I had higher milage or saw the need to replace mine due to visual wear, now that mine is out of warranty, I would certainly give them a try for the price.

starrsleds

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2008
I can look tonight when I get home I just did an spi kit but they just use an 2010-2011 arctic cat 800 piston says so rite on the box

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
UPDATE!!! I added the Hyperdrive pistons as a selection on the SPI fixit kit. Also, I added direct replacement SPI pistons to the link as well. So if you don't feel the need to do the spacer and longer pistons skirts but you just want to replace your pistons with an OEM style you can order those with a very cost effective T-moly or Hyperdrive kit.

I most admit any pro-ride with a 800CFI motor should get new pistons or at least check them by 2400 miles. This is just my experience.

54-9221HPS.jpg

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
Anyone use either of these. I'm not sure if it is a complete fix but if I had higher milage or saw the need to replace mine due to visual wear, now that mine is out of warranty, I would certainly give them a try for the price.

No experience with the fix it kits yet but installed the SPI oem style pistons in my fiends 2008 Dragon 800 RMK 6 years ago and 3,400 miles later it is still running great with no issues. We have been using SPI pistons since 2008 and have had great luck and no issues with them

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
No experience with the fix it kits yet but installed the SPI oem style pistons in my fiends 2008 Dragon 800 RMK 6 years ago and 3,400 miles later it is still running great with no issues. We have been using SPI pistons since 2008 and have had great luck and no issues with them

Never had an issue with their replacment pistons.

http://www.gobigparts.com/SPI-DIRECT-REPLACEMENT-PISTON-KIT-POLARIS-800CFI.html

Thanks for the orders guys. Keep them coming.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Hey we now have the same website and the links above still work. Now is the time to get the engines in tip top shape before it snows.

I want to make sure everyone understands these kits. SPI Pistons are an aftermarket alternative from the company Sport Parts Inc.
Straight-line Performance Inc kits are from a company in Minnesota owned by Jason Houle that does Performance parts for Polaris and Ski-doo. They both have the initials SPI. Thats not confusing at all. LOL.

SPI Fix-it Kits
54-9221PS.jpg

SPI Fix-it Kits Shim
54-02851.jpg

Straight-line Performance Fix-it Kit
241-22001.jpg

SPI Direct Replacement Piston Kit OEM spec.
54-9221HPS.jpg

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Randy, Do you have SPI hyperdrive pistons for direct replacement without using riser/spacer plate, in other words Stock height polaris replacement pistons??? If so, what is the SPI #
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features