• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much do you spend on mods?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
This might belong in the general thread, but I was wondering waht kind of coin you guys shell out every year for mods. I was looking through some of my notes and I spend about 2-3k per year on sled mods. I know some spend way more, and some less, but lust wondering the average. Do you have to hide it from your wife? My girlfriend thinks Im crazy, but I dont even think twice about it. I have to do it! Its worse than drugs!

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I spent about $3000 last year and I have already gone through $2000 this year.:eek: I agree I’m obsessed with the mods. I tell the wife about half of the time. Damn I hope she doesn’t see this! Some time I think drugs would be cheaper.LOL

I
Nov 26, 2007
1-2K I've been buying a new (to me) sled each season the last few years and that's usually what it takes to make them run right...I bought a sled that's well set up for this season and I'll probably spend the same amount on cosmetic stuff....it's a sickness

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Been an expensive couple years for me.

3 yrs ago - bought a new crate 800cc engine for my '04 rmk 600 - $4000+
2 yrs ago - bought a '07 RMK 600 and did a full Carls 660 kit - $4000
1 yr ago - bought a carry over M6 and did a OVS Garrett turbo - $7000
This year - bought a '09 RMK 800 - no mods other than a hot dogger :( I'm trying to figure out a way to buy a BD pump gas turbo kit

I have found that you get about half the money back when you try and sell your mod compared to what has been invested.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
$4-$5 for me as well, hopefully my repair bill is lower than it was last year though.... went through 2 motors, and 4 clutches last year

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
I can't answer this question...my wife may happen to click on my snowest link and find out the true answer. Let's just say the amount is getting larger each year.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
4-5k here as well.going turbo last year was a little more, but reduces my mod options from here on out.so technically i am saving money in the long haul..right, right
ok ,ok the wife buys that and that is really the only one i have to convince;)

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I too can not say because my wife browses through every now and again and if the real figure were to ever be disclosed.....I'd need a lawyer and a place to live with my sled. I tend to build a new sled every couple of years, so last year was the sled purchase and some mods, this year was a turbo and some more mods. And then what makes her mad is when I sell one and yu don't get a third of what you spent back. I wouldn't have it any other way though, I guess that sounds kinda twisted.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
My name is Ride I'm a sled addict and I have a problem with buying Mod's in execess and surfing snowest in excess every chance I get.... I spend at least $2000/year on Mod's mostly performance and some bling.... I don't think twice about the money I spend and I'd probably sell blood to do it if I didn't work like a dog!!!

:eek:

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
this thread is awsome! my girlfriend had me convinced that there was something wrong with me! i say neigh... glad to see there are many junkies like myself. i think there is something wrong with everyone else. i have a powder addiction and im proud of it!

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
humm... About 4 years ago.. I just quite keeping count.. really dont care :eek:... I just buy mods till my banker calls me.. j/k..haha :D..

It all depends I guess when i ran my 05 900 rmk i spent over 6k to get it running right.. now i'm back in the 3-4k range..

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
$

every dollar i make! i will skip food and maintainance to save just a little extra for something when i have to. and i think i make a decent wage. i will be late on rent to pay a bill that involves sleds. if i dont have a project i will take one that is running apart just for preventitive maintainance, and you alway hae to replace gaskets or a bearing or a boot or a half dozen bolts somewhere

Premium Features