• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE Needle on 08 dragon swapped to 11 Pro pita?

RexFlex23

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2010
Minnesota
2 years ago I bought a set of WE Needles from Tri City for my 08 700 163 Dragon. Last year I bought a used 11 Pro 155 to compliment. I've put less than 50 miles on the dragon as it's my backup now and friends ride it in the UP, etc. I'd like to pull the WE Needles off the Dragon and put them on my Pro but I'm concerned that the WE would be valved to stiff and I am pretty sure the Pro RMK shocks will need work given the 700 Dragon has no sway and is heavier so a re-valve is a must I'm guessing there? Does anyone have experience and am I on the right track? It seems the WE Needles on my backup sled that sits is a waste when they would work and be an upgrade on my Pro?

My thoughts:
1. Re-valve needed for Pro-Rmk ski shocks to work on the 08 700 Dragon with no sway bar
2. Bushing issue between Pro-RMK and 08 Dragon ski shocks

Am I missing anything? I live in MN an ride the UP and WY, would classify myself as between Beginner/Intermediate, no jumping, etc. It's one of those that I have them sitting there not being used currently so...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I would throw them on and give it a try.

I ran 2011 Pro walkers on my 09 Dragon and felt they performed perfect and have since installed a few sets going that way for other people. But those all had sway bars and usually ran the springs on the softer side.

If needed, you could either revalve or buy heavier springs from FTX. The cats meow would be to send them to FTX and have both a revalve and their springs. Never know when you might be riding the back up sled.

Remember the 2011-2012 Pro RMK Shock is 1/4" longer so the removal of the sway bar might not have as much of an effect as you might think.

On the Dragon, if you want to run the 10mm bolt instead of the 3/8" then you will have to drill out the bolt holes, no big deal. Very minor increase in material removal. Use the bushings with the shocks out of the 2011.

And if the WE's are too stiff, you could always disconnect the sway bar. I love my wife's 2012 with it disconnected.

Last edited:
Premium Features