• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best loud can for Pro RMK?

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
I've been using the SPG Ultra Q cans on my last 5 sleds... I really like the low noise levels with a deep tone... The quality of construction is high as well as the nice ceramic finish.
Skinz Super-Q here. Even being the 'louder' option from Skinz, it is still pretty mild mannered. Fit and finish were were great to boot. No complaints here. :madgrin:

My sled had a BMP Powder Lite installed when I bought it. I really liked the sound, but not the volume. That can was STUPID loud. :face-icon-small-con

Last edited:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
What about for a PRO RMK 600? Picking up a '14 demo for the wife and kids this week, and would like to be able to hear them over my sled so I can keep tabs on them. Don't want to have one that's obnoxiously loud, nor lose performance. I've got a line on a used Super Q....thoughts??

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
Missoula, MT
I run an hps, however, I do switch it to stock depending on the riding area. It's a great can, has a nice deep sound there are videos on you tube. I switch back if I know I want to be a bit sneaker or there is a strong probability of a hangover.

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
What about for a PRO RMK 600? Picking up a '14 demo for the wife and kids this week, and would like to be able to hear them over my sled so I can keep tabs on them. Don't want to have one that's obnoxiously loud, nor lose performance. I've got a line on a used Super Q....thoughts??

I've got an Ultra Q on my wife's 13. I'm a Skinz fan though. It does sound nice. I think the Super Q is too loud, but that is me.

P

Polarisbird

Jun 9, 2014
Can anyone chime in that has been around both the GGB mountain can and the HPS can, which is louder? throatier? fitment? GGB looks to be quite a bit cheaper but sometimes you get what you pay for….

P

Polarisbird

Jun 9, 2014
Their are two of us who run the GGB cans, one Mountain can one the trail can,
they both are great, the mountain can is very similar in sound to the HPS can, while the trail is not as loud. We have seen no running issues at all , low or high elevations, we both run them on 800 Polaris Pros. I chose the GGB can over the HPS can due to the fact that the HPS can raises the pipe to close to the carbon fiber over structure. Check out the video at the bottom of the Polaris page on the GGB site.

Oops i guess i should have read this thread closer, anyone else been around both?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Can anyone chime in that has been around both the GGB mountain can and the HPS can, which is louder? throatier? fitment? GGB looks to be quite a bit cheaper but sometimes you get what you pay for….

I think the ceramic coating really affects the price between an HPS and GGB. With that said I just purchased a Super Q can for my 15 RMK 800 LE. Can't wait to try it out!

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Skinz Ultra Q or Hps

I really like the sound of the skinz ultra Q can, Super Q is a littler lighter and louder but not too bad. I had a jaws on my last sled and it was just way too loud for my liking. My cousin has an hps on his pro but for 400 dollars for a glass packed can is expensive. The skinz can is fully baffled instead so the insulation will not pack out and will keep the same sound from new to 6000 miles. Not like your pro will get to that mileage anyways without a fix kit in it. Im a cat guy but I am flabergassed by the amount of people buy the pro 800's when they need a fix kit from out of the box and only come 145-150 stock. I know the pro chassis rides really nice I will say that. But how do they still produce an engine that they are in denial about any reoccurring issue. Anyways, Id go with skinz.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I agree with MH. A weight savings is possible but not a power increase. More than likely, you will get more decibels with a loss of power. For my money and the 4 year warranty, the stock can is the best one. Save your money and buy a 16 H.O. with 165 horsepower with the stock can. That is what I am going to do. I have had loud sleds in the past that left my head hurting and ears ringing after a ride. Not my cup of tea anymore. The access issue that we should all be worried about is reason enough to leave it stock. If you want power, put a turbo or supercharger on it.

K
Feb 5, 2013
I was starting to lean toward a HPS can for my new 800 pro but a used BMP powder lite just came up for sale locally for a good price. How obnoxious are they? I have run a rumble pack on my edge RMK for years so how would it compare to something like that?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I was starting to lean toward a HPS can for my new 800 pro but a used BMP powder lite just came up for sale locally for a good price. How obnoxious are they? I have run a rumble pack on my edge RMK for years so how would it compare to something like that?

Well they are the most obnoxious can on the market that I'm aware of for the pro.

Premium Features