• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THE MOUNTAINHORSE CUSTOM PRO-RIDE-CHASSIS RMK BUILD THREAD

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID

The Polaris crank does not have added internal counterweights nor the external damper-ring and same P-85 from what I saw on the HO 800-CFi on the 2015 AXYS fiche before Polaris took it down.

I wonder if the 800 HO crank (AXYS) is the same as the 600 IQ Racer crank in the 2014 IQR's??

#2205190 is the crank used in the new AXYS 800 H.O. motor

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
The crank with the electronic exhaust valves and oil pump make the new motor pretty darn awesome!

Not to derail MH's thread here but aside from the crankshaft, how does electrically actuated exhaust valves & oil pump add to the "awesomeness" of the engine?

I just see those changes as the manufacture's way of attempting to comply with ever tightening emissions regulations.................

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I'm also digging CDK's bar setup!!

A bit shorter for me... 1" riser.

Snowest member "CDK" sled.
xpicture.php,qalbumid=3197,apictureid=29029.pagespeed.ic.hu3WKuBK_m.jpg

hmm why do you want your bars at armpit height ?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
hmm why do you want your bars at armpit height ?

Slash,

I will only put a 1" riser on mine... compared to, what looks like, 6 or 7" riser on CDK's. (mentioned that in my post).

Shelbwyo,
Those look like RSI backcountry Bend handlebars... total of 3" rise in the bars. The RMK's (non PRO RMK's) have pivot style (EXCEPT for the 2015 SnowCheck RMK's).... I like the options that the pivot style risers offer.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I've had very good luck with the U-Tech 3.8 (gloss) on prior chassis... so I saw no reason change.

I've not tried the Surefoot... but I've read good things about it on other forums.

If it works as advertised it would be worth the $75

http://betweenthelinesdesigns.com/?page_id=345

I have used it on two sleds. Stuff works awesome! I used them on sno-eliminators on two of my kids sleds and the snow just comes out and off easily. I recommend to anyone who wants black as their color.

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Slash,

I will only put a 1" riser on mine... compared to, what looks like, 6 or 7" riser on CDK's. (mentioned that in my post).

Shelbwyo,
Those look like RSI backcountry Bend handlebars... total of 3" rise in the bars. The RMK's (non PRO RMK's) have pivot style (EXCEPT for the 2015 SnowCheck RMK's).... I like the options that the pivot style risers offer.

Actually, what you're looking at is Pro Taper 1-1/8" EVO CR Hi Bend Handlebars. I cut about 1 1/2" off each end.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398472630.041591.jpg

Then I have a Fly 5" riser, mounted on a Fly pivot post adapter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398472680.212598.jpg

I like the pivot post adapter, because it spaced the risers far enough apart I can fit my ProArmor tether in between them. I think the whole setup wound up being 1" taller than the factory ProTaper bars, which wound up being perfect for me.

Cool thread MH!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Not to derail MH's thread here but aside from the crankshaft, how does electrically actuated exhaust valves & oil pump add to the "awesomeness" of the engine?

I just see those changes as the manufacture's way of attempting to comply with ever tightening emissions regulations.................

lighter throttle pull. The new polaris throttle is easy like the cats. In short it gives better response to your touch. Not spring activated like the old style, that wears out and is heavy all day. I know, I know one more electronic thing controlling our sleds that we cant fix. Personally I will take it, because I have ridden it. The new HO motor was really impressive. Sad that the mountian riders have to wait another year to get them :(

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA

Electronically driven and controlled oil pump is awesome because it eliminates another gear interface in the motor, and Polaris can control the oil consumption everywhere (start-up, break-in, idle, WOT, etc etc)

Same with the exhaust valves - more control = more power.

What's not to like about 2.5lb reduction from a part that's rotating 8000RPM????

dttrusko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI

True, but think about the alternative.. A mechanical oil pump that isn't providing enough at every speed/load breakpoint or an electronic pump that engineers can use to take advantage of the modal emissions cycle snowmobiles are still using (thankfully)

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
True, but think about the alternative.. A mechanical oil pump that isn't providing enough at every speed/load breakpoint or an electronic pump that engineers can use to take advantage of the modal emissions cycle snowmobiles are still using (thankfully)

and being CPU controlled...think sensors. failure or malfunctions = motor stops before catastrophic failure. Far more control from polaris's standpoint.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I'm just hoping they have an auto summarization feature like ski doo. I'm getting sick of taking the air boxes apart to fog them.

TKILLC

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2011
Billings Montana
Question on the electronic oil pump. How does it oil on startup? If the sled has sat for an extended amount of time there will be no oil mist in the case and pistons and bearings in other words could be "dry". It would be like building a new motor and assembling with no lube. Will all the sleds come with a battery that will run the electronic oil pump? I understand the benefit but will engine longevity be sacrificed?

Premium Features