• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EZ Boards and Install

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Well I got these installed this past weekend. I really wanted to give this product a try because I heard really good things. I have already put a year on my Pro with the stock so this will be a good comparison. I have done other boards in the past on other sleds that require a lot of cutting and fitting.

The installation is simply taking them out of the package, fitting into running boards drill a couple of holes and pop rivet. There are predrilled holes in the MadFab Plastic EZ Boards.

What I really liked about these are:

Quick Easy Installation

HDPE plastic is smooth and slippery so snow should slide right off

Still have the tips of the teeth sticking up and the edge teeth for traction

fills pockets so snow will not build up in the cavities

Can also purchase the Footy walls to block the heat from melting snow and causing an ice block where your feet go.

The foot walls are only vented at the top half.

You can order the MadFab EZ Boards here: http://www.gobigparts.com/EZ-BOARDS-BY-MADFAB.html

You can order the Footy Walls here: http://www.gobigparts.com/Footy-Walls-by-MadFab.html

Here are some pics after the install which only takes minutes:

EZBords.jpg

EZboardsRMK.jpg

EZboardsRMK1.jpg

footies.jpg

Last edited:

erichart28

Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2009
Or spend a little more money and buy some Polaris Burandt running boards for $250. They have way more traction, strength and stiffness and there is nothing for the snow to build up on. I installed a pair it took like 2 or 3 hours.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Or spend a little more money and buy some Polaris Burandt running boards for $250. They have way more traction, strength and stiffness and there is nothing for the snow to build up on. I installed a pair it took like 2 or 3 hours.

Yup, there are a lot of options out there. I have several on my site. This one just seems to be the quickest, easiest, and cheapeast at the moment.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah

different strokes for different folks. I have ridden a pro with these ez boards and not once thought "i need more traction" or "i wish they were stiffer". I'm a 240 pounder so maybe i'm just too light or ride like a pansy but seriously, for the money, the super simple install (seriously, less than 10 minutes if you go slow) and for how super slick they keep the snow off the boards (espeically with a tunnel wrap).. it's a no brainer for me on which to go with.

edit: again, not bashing at all, but "a little bit more money?".. it's actually double the cost

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
different strokes for different folks. I have ridden a pro with these ez boards and not once thought "i need more traction" or "i wish they were stiffer". I'm a 240 pounder so maybe i'm just too light or ride like a pansy but seriously, for the money, the super simple install (seriously, less than 10 minutes if you go slow) and for how super slick they keep the snow off the boards (espeically with a tunnel wrap).. it's a no brainer for me on which to go with.

edit: again, not bashing at all, but "a little bit more money?".. it's actually double the cost

THIS!

EZ Boards don't cut into your traction and snow sticks less to them than they do to the Burandt Boards and I have pics and threads on the subject to prove it. And they cost half as much, take a fraction of the time to install, not to mention they DO stiffen the running boards significantly which translates into better/quicker handling. Those that diss the EZ Boards have never tried them and are clueless in my book. And I was one of the skeptics but I had no money last year so I went for them. Those that know me know that I don't endorse things that don't work and rarely am I truly impresses/amazed at what a product does. The EZ Boards went WAY beyond my expectations and are only rivaled by Airframes (at 4 times the cost).

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Saw your post and you sold me on these, ordered them yesterday and got email that they are back ordered, any idea how long that will be?

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Or spend a little more money and buy some Polaris Burandt running boards for $250. They have way more traction, strength and stiffness and there is nothing for the snow to build up on.

Unless you have campared them both head to head, You should not assume that the Burandt Boards are better.

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Unless you have campared them both head to head, You should not assume that the Burandt Boards are better.

Had a customer call me the other day to order another set of EZ Boards. He did compare head to head and was so impressed he ordered another set of EZ-Boards. I can't wait to try mine.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Well I finally got to get some miles on mine in wet sticky snow. Wow these things really work well. Just one swipe of the feet and the snow falls right off the boards. I used the Footy wall blockers as well to keep the heat of the boards. They are only vented at the top.

bosssho

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2010
X2! I wish there was somebody who made better running boards for the 144, stock is crap on them terrible snow build up. I would buy some in a heartbeat

I'd be interested in a pair of EZ boards for a Polaris RMK 144

When you do let me know, i want better boards but the ones available (airframes) are $475 a set.

Guys...see my thread....B&M, Skinz, WRP, etc...all make BOARDS or Board INSERTS for the SBA144 which is the same as the RMK144 600. :face-icon-small-win

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3424430&posted=1#post3424430

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Premium Features