• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AFX túnnel wrap install

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
AFX túnnel wrap install

Any tips on installing the tunnel wrap on a 163 pro rmk? They say do it dry....looks like the only thing i need to remove is the seat and the rest is cut to fit around.

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
do it try, make sure tunnel is properly prepped, cleaned prior. Then use a heat gun to help let you mold it around the tight spots and pull into place.

careful not to put too much heat on as it can start to melt if you go too much.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
I did 2 of these wet. Worked for me. Tunnel decals are so flippin long it was easier to slide them around into place then work the liquid and air out. JMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Get their install kit. Three step decal remover-cleaner-prep, couple of tools. You'll be very glad you did. Improves the quality of the work, unless you are very experienced already.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
They talked me out of it. Said just isopropyl for cleaning. Stickers are all off. Tunnels clean. I think I will just cut them out and use the hinge method.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Yep as mentioned get it clean and just do it dry. Heat helps in the tight spots but be extremely careful it doesn't take much to melt a spot. With the tunnel a second set of hands just to hold half of the wrap for you helps. its a long piece so you will be trying to set one side and peel the other side and work it on all at the same time. Its really not too tough. The nice thing about the material they use its easy to peel up if you mess up and it will usually restick multiple times.

Premium Features