• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing ultimate Polaris front bumper

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
I am installing a ultimate Polaris front bumper on my 2015 RMK. I removed stock and putting new ultimate on. I have a polaris skid plate already on as well. I have to get 2 longer rivets to install into the bulk head since the rivets given are to short to go through bumper, skid plate and bulk head. This is not a problem but my question is since I already have a skid plate on and there is no template, do I drill two new holes through everything or drill out any existing rivets from inside? Anyone remember how they did theres? The instructions are not that good and don't mention anything about installing over the skid plate:frusty:. Thanks for any help.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I don’t have a skid plate.
But if I remember correctly, I had to drill out the bottom 2 rivets on the underneath of the sled. then you rivet the skid plate there. you are right, the instructions are not the greatest. I have thought about replacing those rivets with bolts and lock nuts to ease removing the bumper

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
Well after doing some more digging, I can see that the two holes on the ultimate bumper do line up with the two rivets that were put in for my polaris skid plate. These two holes go right into the bulk head of the sled. The only other problem is that you need a 3/16 x 3/4 large flanged rivet to go through bumper, skid plate and into bulk head. The ones given in the package are 1/2" and are not long enough.

Now comes the question- Do I use a rivet or do I use a bolt? I know this discussion has been on this forum in the past on where you want the strength to be at. Rivet would be easier but would break easier on impact. Decisions decisions.

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
Missoula, MT
I had this problem and wound up just getting some longer rivets. I was using the bumper with the skins float plate and frankly is was a pita to get everything lined up before riveting. But I'm pleased with the final result as it looks very clean.

I have not had any issues with the rivers failing.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Drilled and taped the bulk head holes to 1/4 x 20 nc and used pan head screws with loc tite.
May not even have to drill, can't remember.

image.jpg

Last edited:

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
I am installing a ultimate Polaris front bumper on my 2015 RMK. I removed stock and putting new ultimate on. I have a polaris skid plate already on as well. I have to get 2 longer rivets to install into the bulk head since the rivets given are to short to go through bumper, skid plate and bulk head. This is not a problem but my question is since I already have a skid plate on and there is no template, do I drill two new holes through everything or drill out any existing rivets from inside? Anyone remember how they did theres? The instructions are not that good and don't mention anything about installing over the skid plate:frusty:. Thanks for any help.

I am having this problem...my holes are not lining up...its like the skid plate is in the way of the bumper It need to go back almost another inch...is this how they are fitting then you need to man handle them?

Premium Features