• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boosted phazer wieght?

rmk156

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Edgerton MN
I am thinking I might try the 4-stroke thing..Currently my boy and I ride 07-M8 and 06-800 summit-144...... Thinking phazer with a turbo, How heavy will that be compared to the cat or skidoo??
Will this thing be alright in the trees?
I am frustrated with these two stroke motors only holding togather for about 3000 miles.....
Any input would be nice..
Thanks

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I think they are comparable in weight to a rev, It is hard to tell because it is smaller than a rev in size, but they are very easy to get unstuck.

T
Dec 25, 2007
What kind of mileage are people even getting off of a turbo phazer? I would imagine that turning up the boost to get similar hp numbers to the two strokes would put a noticeable amount of strain on the motor. Would be a lot worse to tear down the phazer than the two smoke...

And I think you may, if you haven't already, want to ride on the chassis first before jumping ship. It is very different, and though not everyone like the same thing, I found it to be a lot less functional than the Raw IQ/XP that I was comparing it to. The first thing that MUST go is the terrible seat/running boards set-up. I think there may be something about issues with putting a 15in wide track in there too (stock at 14). A lot of work and they really are kinda heavy...maybe invest in a Nytro/Apex instead? Just a minimally educated opinion (in comparison to a lot of guys in this area).

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Imo, the phazer at 140 hp(common) will walk all over a 151hp(sea Level) ski doo at 6000+ feet. I really think that a phazer motor turboed in a reworked rev chassis or xp would be slick. Really concentrating on lightening the sled. Thinking like a 140hp at elevation 450lb sled would be a great time, it would not be a wild hill climber but would be a fun boondocker and in the trees.

On the other hand the nytro is extremely reliable at 6lbs (180 hp). I would guess it to be 50lbs heavier though.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
phazers are super fun and they feel way lighter than what they really are. i loved mine, as for your issue about having to tear it down. Run the phazer with an mcxpress setup @140hp, major failure/problems are rare compared to a 2 smoke imo. the downside is you can run a brand new 2 smoke that makes a claimed 160hp run it bone stock for cheaper compared to phazer + turbo and av/race gas. better off going to a nytro slappin a low boost turbo or buy a used turbo sled. turbo 4 strokes are proven to have a great lifespan on boost. buddy has a high hp rx1 with 9000kms, with regular maintainence, no issues to date.

S

snopak

Feb 6, 2011
phazer weight

Dry phazer mountain light stock is 515lbs according to yamaha. Wet weight 580lbs

S

snopak

Feb 6, 2011
The weight of the turbo mcx is equal to the weight savings of the lighter muffler, so no real change in weight.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
If you are trail riding it might be ok, but more then that you will be unhappy. They are heavy, awkward and dont perform that great. Not to mention you will have to run straight race gas. I have said numerous times, a 800 2 stroke you will have more power, fun, and more money at the end of the day.

There has been the occasional phaser with tons of cash in it that preforms alright but I dont like them for mountain riding.

I say stick with what you have and you will be happier in the long run.

If you want to go 4 stroke just get a nytro, it will be in the 130-140 range and have a ton of potential.

Premium Features