• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Advise

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I just picked up a 05 M7 153 with 2400 miles. Previous owner had installed twin SLP's, vforce reeds and had the head milled. I have been spending time researching and figuring out this sled. I did remove the SLP twins and installed the stock pipe and cans. There was no fuel controller installed and I was not liking what the heat of the pipes were doing under the hood. The secondary measures approx, 10.5 inches in diameter, Is this the 10.4 secondary everyone talks about as a recommended upgrade? It also has the steel hub instead of the plastic one. The primary has the yellow/white spring with S2 Speedworx 69.5 gram weights. I usually ride at around 6-7 thousand feet with occasional trips to 8-10 thousand. With the removal of the slp twins will the removal of the set screw at the tip of the weights be enough of a weight drop? AC stock recommendations recommend a 68 gram weight, these should weigh a little over 68 grams with the screw removed. Also if I do have the 10.4 secondary do I need to change to a 046 belt? The sled currently has the 036 belt. I have not had the sled on the snow yet to see where it tachs out at but I have a trip planned for early April and am trying to iron out some of the tuning before I go. Any help would be appreciated.

Premium Features