• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How Much does E-Start Weigh??

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
Just weighed the wife's e-start parts for her 08 700 RMK.

Using bathroom scales it was about 23 lbs. (without ring gear) since e-start clutch is already on the sled.

Your dealer could be quoting the weight of the kit without battery since they no longer are included.

Battery weight was about 12 lbs making e-start kit about 11 lbs without battery.

Hope this helps.

Just weighed the wife's e-start parts for her 08 700 RMK.

Using bathroom scales it was about 23 lbs. (without ring gear) since e-start clutch is already on the sled.

Your dealer could be quoting the weight of the kit without battery since they no longer are included.

Battery weight was about 12 lbs making e-start kit about 11 lbs without battery.

Hope this helps.
That is dead on, the kit from Polaris technically doesnt include the battery so if they are looking at a shipping weight they will see 10-12 lbs. Where in reality its about 22-23ish

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
well worth it! I have always had pull starts and frowned on the weight for e-start. After riding Med Bow with a group of guys with e-start, I dont think ill ever go back!!! Especially on COLD mornings!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
well worth it! I have always had pull starts and frowned on the weight for e-start. After riding Med Bow with a group of guys with e-start, I dont think ill ever go back!!! Especially on COLD mornings!

X2!!
If the weight of the battery scares you, you could always opt for a light weight battery like the yammy girls use. They weigh 3 lbs. can't remember who they're made by right now.

Premium Features