• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 pro randomly dieing

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
I just got back from the Snowies and my sled was acting up out there. About mid-week it started to die occasionally, it always seemed to at the worst time, naturally. It would be after I would be going slow, around a meadow or lake looking for a line through the trees. Once I found a line I would start up, wide open, and make it about 2-3 sled lengths and it would die like you hit the kill switch, as soon as you stopped it would fire up first pull. The kill switch is moved so I'm not hitting that, we unhooked the tether, and checked the connectors by the steering post. We also changed spark plugs. It has a Silber turbo and reflashed stock ecu, which worked last year when I rode it. What/where else do you guys think I should check? Thanks, Clint

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
I had adjusted it when I was out west and to start with when I turned all the way to right it would die. I lengthened it back out and it wouldn't die but maybe I didn't go far enough. I can't believe it never crossed my mind to try to lengthen it more......:der::rolleyes: actually I can believe that, lol. Thanks, Clint

C

cokingcat

Jan 28, 2008
I also had the same issue. I ended up buying a hole new throttle/handle bar block, issue fix. But my friend also fixed his issue with the fixed listed above.

J
Oct 8, 2010
me too..

I had the same problem when my 2011 was new. It was if some one had reached over and hit the kill switch at the worst time. I ended up replacing one of the main wiring harnesses and the problem went away.

Premium Features