• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro Silber Burning Turbo Oil

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
My brother has a 2011 Pro with a 2860 Silber kit on it. The turbo oil is leaking into the exhaust and burning very badly. Is this just an internal seal?? Any ideas how to replace this seal or some sort of rebuild kit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
First make sure the oil tank is venting correctly. Also check oil level in tank.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Make sure the tank is venting. If vent is plugged they build up pressure in the tank.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
When pressure builds up in the tank it will push oil out wherever it can. It leaves a huge cloud of smoke. What cap does he have on the tank? Black or Orange? Does he have the original knockoff 2860? I had one go bad and took it to ATP turbo. They didn't have any parts for it. Silber use to offer new centres for around $350. Again make sure its venting.

Last edited:
Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
When pressure builds up in the tank it will push oil out wherever it can. It leaves a huge cloud of smoke. What cap does he have on the tank? Black or Orange? Does he have the original knockoff 2860? I had one go bad and took it to ATP turbo. They didn't have any parts for it. Silber use to offer new centres for around $350. Again make sure its venting.

He has the chinese knockoff that comes with the early model ailber kits. He has an orange cap. My buddy just split the turbo open to investigate. There's a lot of play in the bearings and the center section appears to be shot. Hopefully silber still carries those centers.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
He has the chinese knockoff that comes with the early model ailber kits. He has an orange cap. My buddy just split the turbo open to investigate. There's a lot of play in the bearings and the center section appears to be shot. Hopefully silber still carries those centers.

CORRECTION: Oil res cap is black.

Premium Features