• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wood Saw

Rmkguy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Moses Lake, Washington
I have the non-folding version of the stihl hand saw.
Best saw ive ever owned.

Had for 3 years never bent or broke and tend to use alot.

Damn Trees!!!!!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Carry 2 with me, mostly in case I have to spend the night. One pocket "chainsaw" and one folding saw sold by True Adventure Gear. Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned. Ive tried and broke or wore out quite a few of the others mentioned. The True Adventure Gear saw seems to cut the best and has held up well. Also an actual sledding company. Maybe they don't sell them anymore?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Pics of saw in and out of pack fits nicely and doesnt take up much room

That is a sweet saw. Personally I use the Frankensaw it is very similar to the Stihl but cheaper and built by a snowmobile company that gives back to the industry. Every time I pull my saw out and cut something people are asking me what saw that is because it is seriously insane what it will cut through and how fast. Been using the same saw for 3 years and gets used on almost every ride 50+ rides a year with no issue. The little shovel handle saws are cheap and don't last for me. Frankensaw is available on amazon or at Frankensled.com. Fits in my tiny motorfist argo pack perfectly.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I was carrying a BCA saw which makes a good pruning saw too but I seem to have lost it. The nice thing about the BCA saw is that the blade is 35-40cm long, enough to cut a standard sized column for a formal avalanche pit test and the length is marked for measurements. It doesn't pack especially small but it's a useful tool for cutting wood and avalanche observations.

S
Nov 1, 2014
Canada
I use a BAHCO Laplander 9 inch folding saw.

Last week a friend was stuck in 3 tight trees each 6 to 8 inches wide. The Laplander cut through them in all in less than 5 minutes.

It seems like a great saw, although I have not tested it many others.

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Premium Features