• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Place

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
So, I've heard some stories that The Place has closed. Something about a family member dying? A guy from Blair was up there 3 weeks ago, and he said they drove up there and needed gas. They were lucky the daughter saw them, so she opened long enough for them to fuel up. Let us know. Thanks.

roddyrmk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Castle Rock, Co
Yep, it is closed and currently for sale! Sad to see, loved that Place! Hopefully someone will buy it and be as nice and as genuine as the folks that owned it before.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
We were there weekend before Christmas. Saw a for sale sign and new faces. Younger couple running it. Said they were trying it out, and would like to buy it... Poor snow season so far was likely not helping.

The previous owner moved to Colorado?

Hopefully someone picks it up, or services resume elsewhere. We almost always shoot over to west side for fuel and something to snack on. Maybe their is other options, but we always liked goin to The Place I guess.

Owen, you got any info?

A
Oct 9, 2014
Is the Rendezvous the only option for gas and food on the west side now? Was there in middle December and rode to The Place. It was closed but a lady came out to talk to us and said they just bought it and we're cleaning the place up and would be open in a week or so. Maybe things didn't go as planned?

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
Medicine Bow Lodge is listed on the trails map as having gas. I haven't been there in a few years, but I know I've bought gas there before.

The Place was open the week after New Years, so it must have just happened recently.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
We were there weekend before Christmas. Saw a for sale sign and new faces. Younger couple running it. Said they were trying it out, and would like to buy it... Poor snow season so far was likely not helping.

The previous owner moved to Colorado?

Hopefully someone picks it up, or services resume elsewhere. We almost always shoot over to west side for fuel and something to snack on. Maybe their is other options, but we always liked goin to The Place I guess.

Owen, you got any info?

I just heard it was closed indefinitely.

Rendezvous still has fuel, the saratoga resort and spa keeps their rental sleds there so i imagine they keep their tank full.

yourhoodsopen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2014
Running Water, South Dakota
I just heard it was closed indefinitely.

Rendezvous still has fuel, the saratoga resort and spa keeps their rental sleds there so i imagine they keep their tank full.

Med Bow has fuel and probably the best food on the mountain. Been going since '04 and only been to the place once. Med Bow was our fuel tank and belly tank fill up spot on the west side always. Tim and Debbie are good folks and treat you fair. Won't go away wanting that's for sure.

J

Joey1

Aug 30, 2010
The Place was still closed 1st week in February. Did anyone stay at The Place previously?

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
The Place is a Bar/restaurant that sold gas too. I'm not sure who manages the cabins across the highway from them.

Premium Features