• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee Lodge to Yellowstone?

bearpaw1977

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2011
Eden, WI
Headed out to Togwotee Lodge on February 2nd for the week and our group discussed taking a day to take a tour of Yellowstone park while it's still allowed on snowmobiles. Looks like the south entrance would be the most convenient? Would appreciate any advice regarding rentals, guides, must do's, .... etc. Thanks.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
The Lodge should be able to set you up. If not Flagg Ranch is where several vendors leave from ( staging area ) as well.
Look into staying overnight in Park or West Yellowstone? Less hurried that way.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Now that there is plenty of snow on the valley floor groomers might be marking the CDT trail from Tog into the Park. Check with Tog they should know.

DPG

wyobob44

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2005
Sundance, WY
PLEASE NOTE

There is no longer a CDT trail from Hatchet Motel to Flagg Ranch, was one more thing we gave up in the area, to keep snowmobiles in Yellowstone.
I am thinking it has been 4 or 5 yrs. since we had a trail that went past Grand Teton Park RV and thru Grand Teton National Park to Flagg Ranch.:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

bearpaw1977

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2011
Eden, WI
Thanks for the input, but it appears that for no good reason my entire group has backed out of the trip entirely. Unbelievable...

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
There is no longer a CDT trail from Hatchet Motel to Flagg Ranch, was one more thing we gave up in the area, to keep snowmobiles in Yellowstone.
I am thinking it has been 4 or 5 yrs. since we had a trail that went past Grand Teton Park RV and thru Grand Teton National Park to Flagg Ranch.:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

It been awhile mainly due to the lack of snow down low.

DPG

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The trail system ends at Blackrock ranger station. Lack of snow and the hatchet and Koa no longer renting sleds has ended I guess they were paying the groomer for that stretch....YNP on the other hand is by guide service only 325.00 a day for an 80 mile trip through the park OUCH !!!!

DPG

Premium Features