• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014/15 Snowy Range snow conditions

ThSimpson

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2012
Holyoke, Colo
Snow

There is snow! it might not be great snow, but there is snow! If you dont go out and ride what are you going to do sit at home on couch?? Maybe use this chance to get to some places that your were unsure of, thinking that you might get stuck sucks!! Summer will be here before you know it and you will then be kicking your self for not getting the sled out more!!

Thom

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
There is snow! it might not be great snow, but there is snow! If you dont go out and ride what are you going to do sit at home on couch?? Maybe use this chance to get to some places that your were unsure of, thinking that you might get stuck sucks!! Summer will be here before you know it and you will then be kicking your self for not getting the sled out more!!

Thom

Yup, we were up today, it's no where near epic but if you're willing to go exploring you can find stuff to play in.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
02f4b387efc6537a26865eb4134f042a.jpg

Wide open areas snow is hard packed hero snow
In the trees.. Not terrible! Warmer weather making it soft/mashed potatoes.
Picture from yesterday

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
4 to 6"s out of Wednesdays snow, hopefully more coming this weekend. It was bluebird and calm today, purdy with the new snow, but real easy getting around.

P

prosledder

Nov 26, 2007
Boone, Iowa
Any updates from over the weekend? Our group is headed out from Iowa this Wednesday and the forecast looks pretty good! Thanks to everyone who participates in this thread!!

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
The Med Bow snotel is up...from a low 51" 1 week ago to around 80" this morning (peaked at 81", settlement has begun). Looks like around 20" in the last 24 hours. Sure to have fun if you get out this week.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
I'll be damned, I was a couple miles north of there 'bout noon yesterday, musta came in pretty good last night. Only a skiff here at the house, may just have to run up tomorrow and check it out.:D

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I think it could be very very deep up there... anybody riding tommorow morning? I would be up to check it out, but would like to make it a short day so I could still get some work done in the afternoon...

Premium Features