• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: CSP GAUGE LIFTER KIT WITH HIGH POWER VENT FAN

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
mhfgimage-1285045377.png

While checking out some things tonight on the web... I see that CSP (Canada Sled Parts) offering, for sale, their gauge lifter with a high power fan.

I had been talking to Kurt at CSP about the fans since this post.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3216178&postcount=32

CSP builds nice quality parts... and a decent price.
It already has the rectifier kit for a safe draw from the headlight circuit, so you are not placing loads where they don't belong.

http://canadasledparts.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product.cgi?d=canada-sled-parts&item=69735

I've had great luck ordering from him in the past... Shipping was not an issue from Canada to the USA via Canada Post.

image_1_.jpeg

They even have a nice option to add two aux gauges to the panel.

P1010426.JPG

Last edited:

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
That is very reasonably priced. I am currently building a "blow hole" type kit for the console. I currently have the cost around $125.00 with a capacitor included in that. Without the Capacitor it would be around $105.00. So for development and products in one kit I think that is very reasonably priced. If you wanted (As Mountainhorse will tell you) you could add a capacitor for around $20.00 to stop fluctuations in power at idle.......... but, overall looks like a great kit.

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
For those wondering about that fan draw....... during normal operation it draws 1.9 to 2.6 amps. If the fan were stopped during operation it could go up to around 4.5 amps or so. So it would be less than 5 amps maximum. It doesn't draw much but, it is too much for the DC 2 amp ACC plug on the hood.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
For those wondering about that fan draw....... during normal operation it draws 1.9 to 2.6 amps. If the fan were stopped during operation it could go up to around 4.5 amps or so. So it would be less than 5 amps maximum. It doesn't draw much but, it is too much for the DC 2 amp ACC plug on the hood.

What if your using the MtnTk Blow hole - that takes up the DC outlet!!

S/C

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
So according to the install instructions, is the fan connected to the high beam is "ok" even at idol.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
So according to the install instructions, is the fan connected to the high beam is "ok" even at idol.

Yes, no problem at Idle. Has it connected to the high-beam so that you can, in effect, have an on/off switch for this at your disposal...

It is connected with the sub-harness and rectifier provided in his kit.

There are other ways to power it up if you desire... see the "DC Power" thread in this very forum.

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
When i get a chance I am going to order one. I have there gauge lifter already and I know i can sell that.
The one without the fan when sitting heats your helmet well, just think what the fan will do while sitting with the sled at idol. Like the idea of high beam on fan on.

Premium Features