• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro 800 motor

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
This subject has been beat to death on the forums. Do a couple searches and you will find some great info! I do however feel that most of us Pro owners feel that the motors have gotten considerably better over the years and any current downfalls are overshadowed by the sleds amazing ability to allow us to improve our skills and step up our game! Besides that it is just too dam fun to ride! :face-icon-small-hap

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Yep there are bad things out there. I had a crank bearing fail on my 2013 at 1700 miles. That said, if you follow the advice on the forum from dozens of people you will be fine. Get it clutched right and it will cause perma grin on most rides. Common sense stuff like using good fuel, good oil, turning up the oil pump will go a long way. We have a 2012 in our group with 2700 miles and still runs awesome.

Last edited:

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
there not as bad as it would seem from all the posts. but if you buy one I would recommend you set a little money aside for a fix kit of some kind.and a to end tear down to be sure the skirts are ok. awesome fun sled though .good luck.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Guys, I just brought him here to the SnoWest forums. I know the topic has been beaten to death. But if you could please refer him to the proper threads to read that would be great.

He has only been on the forums a few hours.

Thanks!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It all depends who you ask. Go to the Doo or AC guys and they will tell you how bad they are. I've had an '11 and '13 and had no motor problems at all. I agree with whomever said that they have gotten better and the details of the 4M have helped people deal with issues. There's a reason why the Pro has sold so much better than all the other sleds.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Use google to search snowest.
Works 10x better.

Even after a grenaded motor in my 11, i would do it again.
They are that much better to ride than anything.
With an indy specialty long rod in mine it rips. Eats up my buddies stockers.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Thanks for the info guys I guess I'm just gunshy having a somewhat proven 700 motor and getting rid of it!?

11 & 12 seems to still have some problems. 13 had driveline issues that created their own forum. 14 seems to be free of wide spread failures and plenty of holdovers to hold overs to choose from.

any reason you aren't considering a 600? They're reliable and power to weight should hold their own with your 700.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Alright guys I'm new to the forum so thought
I would ask around

13 motors have a better track record than the 11/12's, and the 14's have appeared to be just as good or better than the 14's. 15's will be the same as the 14's. Good dealer will help you, and if you ride stock, get an extended warranty for more peace of mind. Good luck.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Turn the oil pump up, add a small amount of premix, shim and balance the primary clutch and it will be the best stock sled that you ever owned to date! Gearing it down is also a huge improvement and maximizes belt life with better acceleration and back shifting assuming that you clutch for it! I have a '14 and I absolutely love it, had an 11 before that :)

Premium Features