• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Premix calculator

P

Powder Buster

Feb 3, 2009
If you want to use your cell phone look at available free apps to see what you can get. I've got a droid and have a great free app called gas/oil mix calculator. Got it from the droid market, I'm sure most phones have something similar available.

PB

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Are you serious?

Give your brains a chance! Calculating the volume of oil required is done faster in your head than it takes to unlock your phone!

An example. I want 3% premix in 68.4 litres of fuel. Just move the "." two steps left to get 1% which in this case becomes approximately 0.7L. To get 3% just multiply 0.7 w 3 and voila you need to add 2.1L of oil..

This method is not 100% mathematically correct but when dealing with relatively small oil mixing ratios its perfectly adequate.

Simplify the numbers, your engine will not notice the difference between 2.8 and 2.84%!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Are you serious?

Give your brains a chance! Calculating the volume of oil required is done faster in your head than it takes to unlock your phone!

An example. I want 3% premix in 68.4 litres of fuel. Just move the "." two steps left to get 1% which in this case becomes approximately 0.7L. To get 3% just multiply 0.7 w 3 and voila you need to add 2.1L of oil..

This method is not 100% mathematically correct but when dealing with relatively small oil mixing ratios its perfectly adequate.

Simplify the numbers, your engine will not notice the difference between 2.8 and 2.84%!

Try ounces and gallons. Not so easy. :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features