• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proven designs snow flap

zachb

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2010
Iowa
Need a new snow flap, anybody use these? How to they hold up? Any opinions welcome.
It would be going on a 13 pro climb

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
I lost mine day one of a 4 day trip, the groomer ran it over every night and I picked it up on day 4 and now its back on my sled good as ever! this time I installed it as suggested by others with the pdp flaps, I put a strap on it to keep it from going into the track whoop sections

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
People who don't run snowflaps are gay! :fencing:

I usually end up trimming them down a little, but i think sleds without snowflaps look unfinished. And it sucks riding behind someone down the trail that doesn't have one at all.

I plan on putting a PDP flap on mine simply because I can't get my XXL hands in the pockets of the stock one with my gloves on. Do they seem to stay on if you use the strap and good rivits?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I just received PDP flag and it didn't come with a strap. I sent PDP an email and never heard back. Are they supposed to come with a strap now? What is the best way to put on, inside the tunnel or on the outside?

I also wanted it for more room to grab the bar.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Like this

IMAG15591_zpsda319f61.jpg

Just use webbing from an old backpack or belt or something.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
no they don't come with the strap but are necessary if u ride whooped up trail down the mountain!

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Hey Guys.

Yes, the new 2.6 track tends to bite the flaps so a strap is recomended. The flaps do not come with straps but we have a strap kit at the link below.

http://provendesignproducts.com/Pages/strapkits_universal.html

Chewy22 Im pretty sure it was your email i replied to about the strap not coming with the flap, it might be in your spam box. If you dont see one I apologize, i try to get to emails within a day or 2, weve just been crazy busy with the holidays.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions guys, more than happy to help!

Have a great weekend!

-Matt

1BIGCAT

Jan 15, 2008
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Just ordered the flap and was unaware of the strap,just looked at getting one but damn $28 bucks shipped for a strap? You could at least throw the strap in with the flap,think I'll figure something else out!

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Hey Matt,
I have used your pro climb flap and you made a “custom” one for me as well.
If you took that bend out of the top of the pro climb flap it would not get sucked up into the track.
your flap i have now, is straight and it is nowhere close to getting sucked up by the track/.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features