• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where's the Evo build

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
My guess he took it off the table so the install and review will not be corrupted by people just saying negative stuff just to hear themselves talk. he will re post it when it is all finished. then people wont have to wade through all the BS to find the actual review and install information which is the whole purpose of the thread not the rest of the BS that will no doubt follow. just my opinion.

I
Nov 26, 2007
My guess he took it off the table so the install and review will not be corrupted by people just saying negative stuff just to hear themselves talk. he will re post it when it is all finished. then people wont have to wade through all the BS to find the actual review and install information which is the whole purpose of the thread not the rest of the BS that will no doubt follow. just my opinion.

His installer was saying most the negative stuff. My guess is evo wasn't fond of the bad press and pulled a string.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I removed the thread.
It was turning into a gripe session and thats just not fair to anyone involved.Tomorrow night we should have the sled up and running with a little luck.
Then we load and head up to BC for 9 days on Friday.
When I get back and have some real world info to share, I will then sit down and put the thread together with a proper Install and Review

Last edited:
T
Mar 30, 2010
Can you tell us what is wrong now?

Bad injector?
Bad Evo ecm or harness issues?
High elevation feedback would be great! Will there be a review from riding in our northwest

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
nothing we had a bad harness and a bad ecm EVO sent new parts they were installed last night the sled sounds great, and is very snappy .
sorry about bad press its a little irritating when things don't go together correctly.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As of last night.
EVERYTHING came together and the sled is running STRONG and sounds unfrikin believable.

Turns out there was NOTHING wrong mechanically after all.
The whole problem came down to a bad wire in a harness!

Swapped out the harness last night and BANG, sled came roaring to life.

EVO bent over backwards and did everything they possibly could to help me get this installation up and running in time to get this sled up to British Columbia for the SnoWest Forum Ride next week.

I have a LOT more to say about this.
But right now I MUST focus on the Yamaha 2016 Rollout thread I am building for everyone.

Please be patient.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
As of last night.
EVERYTHING came together and the sled is running STRONG and sounds unfrikin believable.

EVO bent over backwards and did everything they possibly could to help me get this installation up and running in time to get this sled up to British Columbia for the SnoWest Forum Ride next week.

But right now I MUST focus on the Yamaha 2016 Rollout thread I am building for everyone.

Please be patient.

I can't wait to hear the feedback after you actually ride the sled!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
You won't be disappointed...

As of last night.

Please be patient.
Christopher, I'm positive that once you've put that sled on the snow, the only negative you'll have to say is that your shorts turned brown. EVO's stuff is nothing short of amazing on the 1100 Cat, I expect nothing less from them for the Viper.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Seems like the reality show " EVO Build " needed some editing.?
If Slash was negative and Christopher frustrated..so be it,that's reality.
If EVO stepped up fantastic..they should
I appreciated the candor and photos of a real world install because that is what it was and it happens to the best of us.

I would think EVO would bend over for everybody that buys their products and Slash is dedicated to quality second to none.
It is what it was..don't need extra sugar.
On with the show.!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Seems like the reality show " EVO Build " needed some editing.?
If Slash was negative and Christopher frustrated..so be it,that's reality.
If EVO stepped up fantastic..they should
I appreciated the candor and photos of a real world install because that is what it was and it happens to the best of us.

I would think EVO would bend over for everybody that buys their products and Slash is dedicated to quality second to none.
It is what it was..don't need extra sugar.
On with the show.!!

EVO absolutely went the extra mile.
I promise just as soon as I have a couple FREE HOURS I will bring that thread back and fill in a whole lot of missing details.
I have NO intention of burying it by any means.

It was just getting entirely too negative to leave there knowing I was getting ready to take off for 9 days and have so little time to get into it and bring all the content up to speed.
A very large amount of my frustration was my own fault, NOT EVO.
And I was not going to leave them out hanging like that.

The sled is now home in my garage and I am installing the Powder Keg on it right this moment.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, the 275hp Evolution Powersports Big Chute Turbo Yamaha a Viper is damn near unbelievable. I consistently ran out of mountain before I ran out of power.

Neither my supercharged nytro nor my turbocharged nytro are anything close to this.

The EVO is a BEAST!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Could you elaborate?

Well, the 275hp Evolution Powersports Big Chute Turbo Yamaha a Viper is damn near unbelievable. I consistently ran out of mountain before I ran out of power.

Neither my supercharged nytro nor my turbocharged nytro are anything close to this.

The EVO is a BEAST!
Looking forward to a in depth review of the EVO Viper. I know their stuff works on the 1100T Cat, (thx JustBoostIt), but it would be interesting to hear what you think of the Yamaha with a properly boosted powerplant.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
How can you run 275hp without head studs? Since you said there going in the summer time. Im guessing your not at the 275 level. Likely the 200hp?

Premium Features