• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Rumor

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
Just heard a rumor about the 2014's. Polaris will offer a turbo (boondocker) on the Pro. 5 pounds of boost.

Last edited:
T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
my local polaris dealer had a 2013 demo last year only for a couple of days and polaris told them they need to let boondockers have it for the rest of the season. so who knows what they got going on

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I was expecting it this season on the 13's...I too have heard it from a very reliable source....who also hinted at a jack based big bore....my guess, it is polaris's way of catching up in the hp games....my guess something right around 175hp..with computer controlled ebc..so they can keep everyone honest and still have a warranty..........we can only hope..I do know this...polaris is dead set on having the baddest sleds on snow..that I have been told by every factory guy I have had convo's with over the last 10 yrs....

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
my local polaris dealer had a 2013 demo last year only for a couple of days and polaris told them they need to let boondockers have it for the rest of the season. so who knows what they got going on

Heard the same thing.

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I also heard a while back that something sweet was comin for 2014... haven't heard details tho

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

I wouldn't read much into that one.
Boondockers gets a demo every year from Polaris after the demo tours have wrapped up. They slap a turbo on it and try to get themselves ready for the next production year.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was expecting it this season on the 13's...I too have heard it from a very reliable source....who also hinted at a jack based big bore....my guess, it is polaris's way of catching up in the hp games....my guess something right around 175hp..with computer controlled ebc..so they can keep everyone honest and still have a warranty..........we can only hope..I do know this...polaris is dead set on having the baddest sleds on snow..that I have been told by every factory guy I have had convo's with over the last 10 yrs....

Like what' HM Turbos is going to do with the ViPec. THEY control the parameters, including boost. The end-user doesn't have anything to do with settings.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I heard it was going to be outfitted with a 350 and weigh 350lbs and 200 shot of NOS…making it the new 900…WHHHAAATTTT?

Come on, let’s enjoy the 2013 until March when they unveil the 14’:face-icon-small-coo

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Factory turbo would be nice if it added reliability (compared to a bolt on turbo) and had a good price point.

Cripe, we all know Poo tries to avoid honoring their warranties anyways, whether you are stock or not.

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
I don't see how they could add a factory turbo and meet the stingy emmision requirements unless it is a 4-stroke like CAT did...DOH!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Good luck putting a four stroke in the pro chassis, it would twist that chassis like a pretzel.. I have heard from a mouse in the corner a 600 turbo, makes sense very reliable and low emission small block! With about 180hp

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I wouldn't read much into that one.
Boondockers gets a demo every year from Polaris after the demo tours have wrapped up. They slap a turbo on it and try to get themselves ready for the next production year.
I'm thinking its the one you wrecked(I mean rode last spring)........

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I'd be tickled pink with a new design engine (for Poo) that would be first, reliable and second, puts out an arm rippin' 165 HP without a turbo. I'm thinkin' a new ZOOK!!! mill.

Premium Features