• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

crank bearing toast

M
Dec 4, 2007
vernal utah
I just seized the inside pto bearing 06 m7 yesterday. Just wondering if anyone has seen this or has any sugestions on what might have caused it. I have about 1500 miles on the sled. I put an rkt head on this year and also removed the oil injection. I'm running amsoil interceptor premixed at 40:1. Also wondering about who to have fix it. I heard that you can buy a rebuilt one from cat for about 600 bucks.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Dont you have to do some grease zerk thing for the bottom end if you remove the Oil injection? If so, did you? Sorry to hear the bad luck. I hope you can find a rebuild for 600, but im guessing probably not. Thought i saw one on HCS classifieds though...? Good luck, let us know if you find out what went on.
Brian

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
Your oil injection system wasn't just feeding oil into the throttle bodies. It also directly injects oil to the pto and mag side crank bearings. If you didn't allow for that when you pulled the injection system, that's probably why your bearing went.

Premium Features