• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Silber Turbo Upgrade options for older kits

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Below are the option available for those who would like to update their 2012 and 2013 kits.

1. $1500 - Bullydog update for 2013 kits include the following:
Bullydog programmer
Larger Primary Injectors
Stainless Steel high flow downpipe

The Bullydogs are tuned for the 2013 sleds. They will work on the older ones but you will have to purchase the 2013 ECU. We can provide them at a discount.

2. $1250 - Silicone update for the 2012 kits include the following:
Billet Throttle Body adapter
Silicone Charge Tube
Silicone Cold Air intake tube
New Dobeck Controller with the 2014 configuration
3 Bar MAP sensor

3. $300 - New Stainless steel High Flow down pipe

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Here are alot of General questions answered. If you have any others please fell free to PM me and Ill give you my cell or call our shop at 719-578-7774.

Do you accept credit cards or PayPal?
Yes, we do but we prefer a check or cash if possible. If paying by CC or Paypal there will be a surcharge to cover the fee.

Why should I choose a Silber Turbo over the other brands?
I believe that the Silber Kit offers the latest Technology, High quality components and quality craftsmanship at a fair price making us the best value. I think we also have one of the very best running kits on the snow. The Bullydog programmer has really allowed us to do incredible things and I believe the 2014 kits will set the bar .We have nothing negative to say about our competitors. Some of them have kits that run good as well. Please don't forget when you purchase a Silber kit you get service that goes above and beyond "normal" business hours. Most snowmobile problems happen out side normal business hours.

With the Bullydog do you disable the DET sensor?
Absolutely not. We believe that the DET sensor is a critical safety measure provided by the factory ECU.

What kind of tools are required for install?
Basic hand tools are all that's required.

Why isn't the oiless turbo an option?
We were hoping to have them fully tested and in production prior to the snowcheck but they are not ready. They may be available as a mid year option but not initially.

Why should I snowcheck? Will the snowcheck special be the best deal of the season?
Yes, Typically we offer a special for the snowshows but we are committed to the folks who commit early getting the best pricing. Please keep in mind with the limited production run of 100 kits they may be sold out prior to the first snowshow. It is important to get your kit snowchecked early.

How long will it take me to install?
We tell people 4-8 Hours. Some are quicker some are longer. It's important that you take your time and really pay attention to detail. The key to a great turbo experience starts with a great install. The large majority of problems people call us with are install related. This year we will be making an install video that should really help.

Will the new Bullydog kit work on the BB, Ported, or other custom engine?
Yes, The Bullydog kit/upgrade was designed and tuned for a stock engine. Custom tuning is available but it will be at a significant additional expense. We do have a couple different maps available for folks with the RK tek drop in kits purchased from Next Level Powersports. If you have any other questions give us a call. Bottom line is we recommend Bullydog users start off with a stock sled to obtain the best results.

Will I need to purchase anything additional to install the turbo kit?
No, the kit includes everything required. Accessories will be available if you choose them.

Why are gauges not provided with the Bullydog Kit?
Gauges are included in the Bullydog head unit. A wideband O2 is not required because the tuning is done for you and the ECU will make fueling changes dynamically based on other on board sensors.

Is this kit pull and go?
With the Bullydog, Yes. Reflashing the stock ECU allows the sled to run just like a stock one. There are not settings to change. It will provide all the compensation a stock sled would. The Dobeck will require you to fine tune it but they will be very close from the factory. With the refinements made during last season the Dobeck will be more consistent than ever.

What do you mean when you say your kits are intended for 90% of the people out there?
What we mean is we design our kit for the everyday rider. You don't need to be experienced with turbo kits to have a great experience. If you are looking for a kit that can run 20 pounds of boost our kit isn't right for you. If you want to have a great time at 8-12 pounds then this is the kit for you.

How much time do you have on the new kits?
We tested the components all last season and have thousands of miles on several test sleds. This includes the refined Dobeck kits as well as the Bullydog kits.

Why are you only building 100 Pro RMK kits?
We are limiting the production run to 100 to free up time to focus on R&D and customer support. We are working hard to expand our turbo lines to other popular sleds, Side X Sides and ATV's.

Why is the kit more expensive that last year?
First of we are committed to build the highest value kit available. We believe the new kits accomplish that. The price of the components has increased and we have made the decision to offer the latest technology in turbochargers and electronics. That coupled with the limited build run of less than half of what we have done in the prior year years and driven the price increase. We will still be offering the standard kit which will be cheaper.

Can I still get a kit with the old turbo to save money?
No, We have had great luck with the KpA turbos and once you ride one the cost difference will be forgotten.

Now that you are controlling timing can I run pump gas?
We have been running 8 pounds on pump gas in Colorado and in West Yellowstone. With 1 Gallon of race added are running them at 10 pounds. The kits can be run on pump gas and the install instruction will include the guidelines for fuel and boost.

Will you warranty my motor if something happens?
No, We warranty the kit components for 1 year. There are too many user controlled variables to provide any kind of warranty on the engine.

Will I be able to tune the Bullydog system myself?
No. If something is required give us a call and we will help you out. We can send you a map to update using the Bullydog head unit.

Is the Doebeck controller you are offering on the Base kits the same as the 2013's?
Yes and No, It is the same controller but the programming will be similar to the 2012 kits minus the solenoid. The Factory TPS sensor will left to open air and the 3 bar map sensor will go into the MAP port on the silicone intake.

Why do I have to buy a downpipe for the Bullydog update?
All testing and tuning was performed using all the components of the 2014 kit. We found that same map did not work as well on the 13 kit with the standard downpipe. To minimize the different configurations out there and to give you the best experience possible we want you to run the same setup we do.

You said that there wasnt a problem with the old downpipe, yet you changed it for the 2014 kit?
There wasn't a problem with the old downpipes. We are always striving to make the kits better and after speaking with the consumers this is something they wanted. The reason you have to purchase a downpipe with the Bullydog upgrade is because the downpipe does affect the tuning of the sled.

Is shipping included in the Snowcheck price?
No, Shipping is a flat rate $100 to the US or Canada. We will provide a quote for other countries

Do the kits ship in the order they were placed?
Yes

What is required to snowcheck a kit?
All that is required is a non refundable 500 dollar deposit due at the time of snowcheck.

Do you have an upgrade for my 2011 Kit?
Not at this time. The Kits are so different you are better off selling the used one and purchasing the updated kit.

Will the Bullydog work on my 11-12 pro? Why Not?
Yes if you purchase the 2013 ECU, The 11-12 ECU's have different features/parameters and we have found the best results with the 2013 ECU's. We can provide the 2013 ECU's if needed.

Will this kit fit my 2014?
Yes

When will my kit be delivered?
We acknowledge that there was a problem with delivery last year. We have learned from it and kits will start shipping in September, We have streamlined the procurement process and replaced vendors that couldn't deliver. That combined with the limited number of kits being produced this year will help keep us on schedule.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Are these prices listed for the upgrade "snow check" prices as well? Or will this be the price after snowcheck as well?

What price will a '13 ecu be offered at?

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We price the upgrades as cheap as possible. We will only order enough to cover the pre-orders and a couple more so if you want them we need to know. We are doing our best to meet the demand without having thousands in excess inventory. Once they are gone they will be gone for the year. I will have to confirm the pricing we can get them for and ill post it.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
boost

Will the bully dog gauge system show boost for adjustment? or do you have to us an after market gauge?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
1. $1500 - Bullydog update for 2013 kits include the following:
Bullydog programmer
Larger Primary Injectors
Stainless Steel high flow downpipe

The Bullydogs are tuned for the 2013 sleds. They will work on the older ones but you will have to purchase the 2013 ECU. We can provide them at a discount.

Is the bullydog flash for the '13 kit going to be for the KPA turbo?

Will a different flash be needed if a person upgraded to the new turbo?

Are the flanges for the downpipe the same between each turbo (the KPA and the old one in the '13 and previous kits)???

Is the Doebeck controller you are offering on the Base kits the same as the 2013's?
Yes and No, It is the same controller but the programming will be similar to the 2012 kits minus the solenoid. The Factory TPS sensor will left to open air and the 3 bar map sensor will go into the MAP port on the silicone intake.

Does this mean that '13 kits with the Dobeck controller would benefit with the programming similar to the '12 kits?

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
So one thing that I wanted to discuss:
You are now running single larger injectors, ie no more secondaries. My opinion has always been that one advantage turbo sleds have is that you get to have gas/oil running through the reeds & crankcase. Everyone knows about the reliability issue of the newer Polaris 800's(some of us have experienced first hand). This is the only reason I am hesitant to upgrade to the Bully Dog.
It seems like it would be hard to disregard the benefits of gas/oil running through the reeds/crankcase.

What are your thoughts?

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
All testing and tuning was performed using all the components of the 2014 kit. We found that same map did not work as well on the 13 kit with the standard downpipe. To minimize the different configurations out there and to give you the best experience possible we want you to run the same setup we do.

Would there be any benefit to installing this new down pipe on a 2012?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Is the bullydog flash for the '13 kit going to be for the KPA turbo?

Will a different flash be needed if a person upgraded to the new turbo?

Are the flanges for the downpipe the same between each turbo (the KPA and the old one in the '13 and previous kits)???

Does this mean that '13 kits with the Dobeck controller would benefit with the programming similar to the '12 kits?

The BD kit will work with the standard turbo from the 2013 kit. The downpipe is the only thing we noticed that changed the tuning.

I think the 2014 programming on the Dobeck will make them run more consistent. I will have controllers to swap out later in the year. It is a real easy swap.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO

Would there be any benefit to installing this new down pipe on a 2012?

IMO the benefit is minimal but a gain is a gain I guess. You will have to adjust your settings a little but you are still well withing the range of the controller. This is cost effective war for the guys wanting this to get it without paying somebody to modify their downpipe.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
So one thing that I wanted to discuss:
You are now running single larger injectors, ie no more secondaries. My opinion has always been that one advantage turbo sleds have is that you get to have gas/oil running through the reeds & crankcase. Everyone knows about the reliability issue of the newer Polaris 800's(some of us have experienced first hand). This is the only reason I am hesitant to upgrade to the Bully Dog.
It seems like it would be hard to disregard the benefits of gas/oil running through the reeds/crankcase.

What are your thoughts?

I do like the the cooling effect that the secondary injectors provide for the reeds however we have thousands of miles without a failure. The drivability of the Bullydog kits are amazing and I think having only the 2 injectors is part of that.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
How much for the 13 ecu? I assume you guys will program it or does my dealer need to do that?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
We have been getting them for around $250 from the dealer.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Thanks for the reply. Thats pretty good deal since my dealer wants around $500 for the ecu.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features