• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I make a 2012-2014 carbed pro 800?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Can I take off the electronic crap like tps, ecu etc and just put carbs on?
If you have done this, chime in and let me know what needs to be done.
There was never much det, bogging and engine troubles before ecu's came in.
Just carbs and jetting.
Now, just seems like problem after electronic problem.
I'd like to know if it's possible to do the KISS method.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Can I take off the electronic crap like tps, ecu etc and just put carbs on?
If you have done this, chime in and let me know what needs to be done.
There was never much det, bogging and engine troubles before ecu's came in.
Just carbs and jetting.
Now, just seems like problem after electronic problem.
I'd like to know if it's possible to do the KISS method.

Yes, there have been a couple around MN (basically where the 600/800 monoblock conversion came from). You will need to send your ECU into Polaris and they can re-burn it without all the sensors and things needed for CFI. Great advantage of the race engine bottom end is you will still have reverse.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Yes, there have been a couple around MN (basically where the 600/800 monoblock conversion came from). You will need to send your ECU into Polaris and they can re-burn it without all the sensors and things needed for CFI. Great advantage of the race engine bottom end is you will still have reverse.

I'd like to see pics of that. From all my mock ups, it can not be done with the racked carbs and leave the engine in the stock location. From my measurements you would either need to raise the engine straight up 1 1/2" minimum or move it up and forward to clear the float bowls. Maybe possible with the mikuni TMX flat slides which are a much smaller foot print. I have some TMX's to do a mock up, just have not got around to it.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I'd like to see pics of that. From all my mock ups, it can not be done with the racked carbs and leave the engine in the stock location. From my measurements you would either need to raise the engine straight up 1 1/2" minimum or move it up and forward to clear the float bowls. Maybe possible with the mikuni TMX flat slides which are a much smaller foot print. I have some TMX's to do a mock up, just have not got around to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
We have a PAR 1100 with carbs the engine had to be raised up with his plate to clear the carbs. We have been really happy with the set up. If you do it I would be interested in the results. I am thinking like you, it seems like the 2 stroke engine seems to run better on carbs. All the snocross race sleds are still running carbs.

Premium Features